Soundswitch/ engine

not sure if this is the right place to post this (someone from denon asked me to post after sending core dump files) so I use engine lighting, I can scan everything in soundswitch, engine desktop sometimes sees the files but very often dosent.

then there is exporting (I have 3 rooms on soundswitch) if I export soundswitch files using engine desktop, only 1 room gets exported and engine lighting crashes every time I try to use it. if I export everything direct from sound switch to the prime 4 engine lighting runs faultlessly.

Couple of months are gone since this post, but i thought for other people i do answer. First i do the same and i do get all the light shows showing up on my prime go and on the sc6000.

• Best guess here, first update all the software components (couple of major releases since August 2022).
  • Look in the Engine Desktop Software if the right folder location of Soundswitch is linked to the Engine.
  • Check on your DJ device (like the prime 4) if you really got the right SS files. Sometimes there can be more libraries stored on a stick, especially if you have exported it manually
  • If it does not work, restart with your SS library. Delete your old SS library and build a new one, and than sync it with the Engine Desktop software (best thing is to move your old library somewhere else, if you want it back you can just use it again for the manual export way)

SS had some problems at the beginning (or i didnt understand it right away, who knows) but it is working very stable for me since the last couple weeks.

Sometimes it just does not recognize my autoscriptet tracks. Than i have to go back into SS, analyze it again, export via Engine Dektop and it does work. Tops i do it a second time and it works all fine. If i dont change any lights or rebuild the DMX adresses i dont have any problems, if i add new autosripts for new songs.

PS: Check on you Engine OS device the settings for how many players you have. I do own 3 SC6000 and one would not show up for SS. Problem: in the settings on the devices itself you can select if 2 or 4 Decks are playing. Costed 45 minutes of my life to find something obvious like this.