SoundSwitch and Stagelinq?

i love my Traktor Kontrol S8, but bought into the Serato workflow via MCX-8000 because of it’s compatibility with SoundSwitch. so i am very excited to hear Denon bought SS! Does anyone have more info on how it might be integrated into the MCX-800/Engine Prime ecosystem? will it use StageLinq? Run in stand alone mode?

please post more info!

1 Like

Okay so my post wasn’t allowed about this two days ago but now this thread exists? I didn’t post something that wasn’t public knowledge as it had an official statement from InMusic regarding the acquisition.

Why was (for the first time on the new forum) my post redfered to moderation and denied?

I just said it was exciting news SoundSwitch was now part of Denon DJ.

You do realise that the announcement was official when I posted it? With a full press release?

Oh well. I thought this had disappeared with the old forum. It’s a shame.

1 Like

sorry i co-opted your moment of glory.

1 Like

Hahaha. You totally managed to get a post in that wasn’t filtered! Just strange how it wasn’t allowed but had a notification to this thread in my inbox.

Seems the editors are hot but it’s public info so was strange to delete it.

It’s great news though.

Now we can probably look forward to a version of the SoundSwitch box that has Ethernet input so it just plugs directly into the back of the MCX8000 or Prime gear.

This is where my money is now. I have a huge rig at work and this will be really really fun.

how would that work? SS would run ‘on’ the MCX8000 internally? seems unlikely. the StageLinq sends data long distance (ethernet) to another computer that runs lights, but if you have your music laptop there then the data cable is the USB. either way you still need USB to DMX. with a computer in between.

As StageLinq uses a computer I suspect it could work in a similar way. Having the box have profiles of fixtures pre-loaded into it and can just send data from the MCX8000 could trigger it. It’s how the Chuvet Xpress system works.

You upload to a box the fixtures and it can operate without software. In this case, it would read what’s already present onto the track.

It would be an interesting way of doing it. A box that just listens to the music as the SoundSwitch box makes the lights move from an internal playback, all read from the mp3 file you prepared earlier.

1 Like

Think is is a complete waste of time. I have asked for help in several places to do with SS and my Prime 4 and nothing not even the team so I don’t think I will be carrying on the subscription

If the sound switch team or company are “Out” because of corona for a few months then the subscription for sound switch should be “out” too

I am getting no support over this and I’m a new customer to SS I have messaged them a video of the problem and nothing back at all. I

Have you also tried just a message without a video. Some places have email size limits for incoming mail and a video might have blocked the whole email.

But, if you just send an email on it’s own and say that you’ve got a video available, then they might Get the email, and reply back with details of how you can send the video

How/where did you message them?

For instance, their Facebook group has a statement that it’s not the place to get technical support.

Had contact with them on FB and I know the video is ok on there but no response

Social media is way too loose a way of thinking that you’ve made contact with anyone who even knows one end of a fader from a pogo stick. Most of companies use ad agencies to fill their pages and to post out brochures or whatever.

You could put a post up in this forum and find that no one from denon reads it for a week even

Email or phone someone , get a case ref number or similar

Not surprising really.

If you go to their web site, there’s a ‘support’ hotlink prominently on the main page.

When you click that, there are further links to get support - none of which are Facebook.

We shall see what happens

SS is VERY active on the FB support page and regular do individual virtual meetings. they have the best customer shrive i have EVER experienced.

i’d not post here for support, though. wrong place for SS.

What “Facebook support page”? As far as I can see, there isn’t one.

They have a standard Facebook page, and a Facebook group. Their page prominently displays the support email address, and their group has a “not for tech support” statement.

Is there another one?

search SoundSwitch User Group

As I said…