Soundcloud search by EOS does not return all available results

I noticed that searching for tracks and artists with Engine OS on Soundcloud returns a result of few tracks or sometimes no tracks even though in reality there are many results on Soundcloud that could be valid.

My test was done with Engine OS 3.4.0 on Prime 4 console, I searched for the name of an artist both with Prime 4, then on the computer with Virtual DJ (connected to the Soundcloud account) and lastly on the Soundcloud web site.

As you can see from the following images the results obtained from Engine OS are almost nil, while on VDJ and the Soundcloud website the results are remarkable.

For example, I searched for “Peter Gabriel”, these were the results obtained:

Search result on EOS - Prime 4:

Search result on VDJ:

Search result on Soundcloud web site:

I would like to know if this search flaw also happens to you if you use Soundcloud. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

I have the same issue with Soundcloud not properly searching on my Prime 4, you can find more under playlists and artist, still a huge hassle to find new track. Anyone know if there is a fix for this yet?

1 Like

Unfortunately there is no solution. If we are many users who have this problem and we write here in this thread, probably the software developers will understand that the problem is widespread and will solve it.

But if we are only a few users, then no one will do anything. :scream: :cry:

Furthermore, now that Tidal has increased the cost of its subscription for DJ use, only Soundcloud remains which offers a vast selection of tracks from various genres at an acceptable price.

Do the lazy match options on the prime hardware have any effect on what tracks are shown in a tidal search eg: only songs in a compatible key for the song already playing?

I’d welcome a profanity filter , so if there is some filtering going on with tidal , perhaps a “clean/smut” filter is possible

The MATCH function has no effect on streaming tracks, it only works with local tracks. Furthermore, the search function on Soundcloud also has no possibility of filtering the results.