Sound cutting off on Prime Go playing AIFF files

Hello Fellas. Does anyone else have problems playing AIFF files? At around 45 minutes into a mix the sound starts to cut off in my prime go. The wave forms still moving but the sound starts to go away and comes back. I also was recording at the same time , so i thought maybe Engine is struggling reading and writing the large files. Or maybe the USB flash drive was too slow!? Next day i changed to a very fast Flash Drive and i wasn’t even recording and it still started cutting off sound at round 50 min mark. When i played the same tracks but in mp3 format there were no issues at all​:man_shrugging: All tracks has been bought at Beatport and analyzed on PC. Very strange since Prime Go is a little beast and should not have any issues playing lossless files. Any suggestions would be appreciated. :blush:

I had a similar problem whilst recording on a Prime Go while playing AIFF files. In my case the issue was that the USB drive I was using slowing down as it was close to death. I replaced it with a brand new USB drive of the same type and it fixed the problem.

For the longer duration files it’s worth sticking to compressed file formats - Primes try to buffer any track you select, straight into memory, but of course, no memory is infinite - an hour long MP3 file might slight in that memory, whereas an hour long AIFF or hour long WAV file is less likely to fit in the memory all in one go -

Are you listening to such long files for personal recreation inbetween DJing normally with 5-10 minute tracks ?

Thank you for replying. So i even did a set without recording and it still started cutting sound in and out after about 50 min into the set. I also bought a faster USB flash drive and faster SD card and it didn’t help. Two days ago did a set with WAV tracks and unfortunately the sound started cutting off again around 56 min into the set. it is so frustrating. After that i did a set for almost 2 hours with mp3s and had 0 issues, not a single hiccup.