Songs are missing when exporting

songs are missing when exporting tracklist with syncmanager.

I have realized on several occasions that when I am in a set and I search for some songs they do not appear at all, when I get home I check that they were in the playlist that I exported to the USB…that is to say that songs are lost when export.

I use the Sync manager and I don’t have any problem except this one with the tracks… I use the prime 4 and Windows 10, the USB is formatted correctly, does anyone know what can happen? Thanks

1 Like

I also am having the same problem, normally with a whole folder, when i fix it another one disappears. On a MAC, using a prime 2 exporting to an 256gb sd card

please help…!!!

1 Like

In order to keep the playlist/folder on the export drive you need to have it marked for export as well. Otherwise the sync function will remove all that is not marked.

1 Like

@NoiseRiser yes, that’s clear, it’s normal, I select all the playlists before exporting them

Also these that are already exported?

yes, I mark all the playlists and export them to the hdd and also export to USB all the playlists that I use, (I like to take the backup hdd) and in no USB port, it finds them, that’s why I’m sure there is some error when synchronizing, but as something curious, if I search the hard drive at home for the artist folder I see the songs, but they are not analyzed, neither hotcues nor scoring stars, and yet in the collection I do have them complete, analyzed, hotcues. . etc

Please give more detail. What songs? How are they named? Do they have any accented characters in the file names or the tags?

1 Like

in principle they are normal songs, in MP3 and with the quality of always, there is nothing strange, I don’t know how many there can be in total, since I only realized when looking for them to mix, and with the certainty that I had included them in the list, it happened to me this last time with two songs, and the first one with a different song, I still don’t know what it could be, but I’ll investigate and at the end of the week if I see something I’ll share it, but if it’s happened to more people we’ll all find the solution! Thank you

That’s true, the same thing happens to me. The search engine is far behind.

1 Like

Does that mean they do not have accented characters?

1 Like

I have accents in many songs, in the names… Accents are used a lot in Spanish, so if it were for the accents, I would worry more, since then many songs would be missing. I hope it’s not because of that…

There is a history of problems caused by accented characters in file names and/or tags.

1 Like

so…should i check the spelling of my entire collection?

No…because you said that only “some songs” don’t appear. Maybe those ones have accents that cause the problem, but the other tracks don’t.

Just try changing the info on one of the problem tracks, and see if it helps.

1 Like

yes, only some songs that I have searched with the search engine, but tomorrow I will look at the complete detailed information of the two tracks that in principle have given me the error of not appearing, to see if I find the export error

I have the same issue on P4 and Prime go.

Songs work and play in foobar2000 on the machine.

Songs are in engine, show up and can play.

When the playlist is synched, they show as red on prime 4 and go.

In one case, 1 remix out of 4 went across. So I 3 versions of the song are missing, different key, different bpm, etc,

In other cases song is just red.

1 Like

I am having an issue with 3 tracks with the track title ‘What would’. They are 100 percent in the engine software and analyzed. in playlists that are ticked when syncing. But when I export these 3 tracks are displayed red!!! ■■■ These are tracks purchased from traksource and I have used them via serato and rekordbox with no issues at all!! I have come over from a pioneer serato set up and whilst I am loving the prime 4 the engine softwear is slow when exporting to a stick. frustrating

1 Like

The thing about the tracks in red is due to having changed something in the file information, name accents symbols or something else… I have verified it when doing my tests… the solution is to re-select the track and add it again, analyze it and mark the hotcues again.

But going back to the original problem and replying to folks who were interested in the problem:

I checked the accents and symbols and yes, I had accents like many songs, but still, I changed the names in the file and they turned red, so I had I had to do the previous step explained, then I added the songs again as usual, I tried it on prime 4 and it still didn’t appear in the searches, so the accents weren’t the problem, I exported the lists again to do a Second test and still the same.
In addition, some lists of 150 songs in the collection, had much less when exporting them to the USB … in the end I solved it by formatting the USB and recording the playlists again, where I no longer had a problem of any kind …

my impression is that when you use the USB, then you modify, add songs to the collection and export the playlists again on the same USB that had the old lists, songs are lost in the export or something is mixed in the information…

So for now, better to format and save everything again every time you make changes to the collection to avoid these failures during a set.

1 Like

Thats bloody annoying! So if you want to update your library you cant just add new bits and resync, you have to resync the whole of the library?? After reformatting the drive?

In serato you can just drag an updated folder onto the original folder and then re analyze and the new tracks are added to the original folder without any dupes. I gather this is not the case with Engine?

1 Like

maybe, it doesn’t do something right, or it’s my fault, but it is true that from my experience and with my songs, the best thing for me at the moment is to do it like this and I avoid that a specific song doesn’t appear when I need it .It is also that between set and set I take the opportunity to fix my library and organize it, that since I passed the Pioneer format, I still have a lot of work to do, although I am super happy with the change to Denon, I think that when they improve the software they will be number 1 again.

1 Like