Some track block and restart Prime Go 2.1

Hello there, I find this big issue exactly for NYE gig. Some tracks (mp 3 320kbps/48kHz original DJ City and Beatport) even working well on my other CDJs, XDJs, Prime 4, on Prime GO are blocking and reset the system, thing that is pretty bad if you are in the meddle of a gig because you are practically cut out and you cannot do anything until the system restart. I check this files one by one and no difference in the file format or quality with others. Someone meet the same problem on Prime GO 2.1 firmware?

Hey @fane - Does this happen with a specific set of tracks?

Are tracks i downloaded in different time, is pity because I don’t make playlists and I play exactly that tracks, so I never know when is happening and all freezing. I can send you few tracks to analyse if you want. I was thinking maybe are hidden informations in mp3 file that interferes with engine os, for example in mac you can see in info file information that doesn’t exist in other part, like where was downloaded the file.

What was the song that was playing when it happened?

Are many, I must to take one by one to check

Maybe a corrupt database? I would do a search on the forum.

Is not possible, because prime 4 doesn’t have this issues. Is clear a bug on 2.1 firmware on prime go.

HI All I am having the same issue with my Prime go, there are certain tracks that when you load the Go just restarts. I am now redoing the prime database for the 4th time trying to work out why/which tracks trigger this issue. Back ground I have been using still use Rekord Box on a DDJ-RX2, I carry 11,000 plus traxs on SSD. I have tried importing RB data still issues. It would be better if the player just refused to load track with error message than restarting. So far I can’t use this unit out in the wild as no confidence it won’t keep restarting. I don’t feel like trying to load every trax on the Go just to manually remove form drive.

Hey @DJDADNelson - Sorry to hear you’re running into some issues. What version of Engine DJ are you using?

HI Anthony I am using 2.1.0 Engine and the Go is 2.1.1 Regards Shane

Same happened with me, while I was streaming live on Instagram on my Prime 4 V2.1.1.

I was in the middle of the set, then I loaded a track in deck 2 & baammmm!!! The gear hung and restarted. It was very embarrassing. Upon restart, I selected the same track again, so it restarted again.

One reboot takes about 30 seconds. :frowning:

It was for that particular track only.

Hi Just upgraded to 2.1.2 and still same problem. I have now isolated 28 tracks that trigger this issue.

Upload them lets take a look at them an see whats going on

But if you can’t recall which tracks the prime Go didn’t like, you couldn’t have tested those same (unknown/forgotten) tracks on the prime 4.

It needs to be a line for like test

1 Like

Do you use a Mac or a PC?

There is software to test the files:

Mac: Mp3 Scan + Repair. —> https://triq.net/mac/mp3-scan-repair

Windows: Mp3Val. —> http://mp3val.sourceforge.net

1 Like

Again upload the tracks and we can see exactly whats going on.

Hi Dj-alzy where should I upload these tracks to for you to look at them? Regards and respect Shane