So I gave Beatport Link a whirl

So i signed up for Beatport Link and threw myself in at the deep end by demoing it on a live stream (probably against some t&c’s somewhere).

All the tracks loaded within 20 seconds and were mostly analysed pretty accurately. There were a few tracks where the beat grid was off but you soon notice and compensate for it during the mix.

There didn’t seem to be a preview so I was mostly picking tracks by tempo and key which worked out pretty well as Beatport’s genres are well defined. There was the added pressure of mixing tracks that I had never heard before but it made it pretty fun and a bit more reactive than having everything set up perfectly with cue points etc.

Overall I was pretty impressed, it’s a pretty solid integration and improves on what was already a unit which was packed full of features already!

I tested this on 2x sc5000 and the x1800.

Good job Denon Team!

5 Likes

Is track key and bpm shown before you download? I know Beatport has this info, does the prime read it and tell you so you can download a track that is in key and tempo?

Yeah both key and bpm from beatport are displayed before downloading.

3 Likes

Its amazing. I did a stream as well. Songs i’ve never heard before as well. Hours deep.

Mufasa mate where is the update page? And why is it so damn hard to find?

What, for the new firmware? It’s on the Denon DJ web site.

I dont get why it’s not stickied on the forums… and never seems to be?

It is. And they do that always when news arrives.

“Pinned as banner 2 days ago unless user closes the banner”

1 Like

I dont know about that, I check this on my phone at work and when I click the banner all I get is the banner enlarging. It’s just an image and theres never any link that i can see.

Check enginedj.com

Yeah the annoying thing is that anytime you click the large image at the top of the banner it just enlarges that images. You have to swipe to scroll down on the image to see the rest of the text below it, that has the links.

If the forum gods here would at least remove that click behavior it would help things, on mobile and desktop. It really doesn’t supply much utility as far as I can tell. AND if the banner spot was properly responsive to show up well on mobile, that would be great, too!

I think it normally is an image and when clicked on it will redirect to the topic.

This one indeed seems a bit weird. However, the weird banner tells you there’s news also! :relieved:

Be cool if you clicked it, it took you to a page with info on it… weird that it just enlarges the image.

1 Like

I’ve definitely seen the enlarge behavior before with other updates. If it linked to the forum topic that would be great!

I’ll bring this up the be reviewed. Thanks.

Would be nice to have a new banner every week. :smiley:

1 Like

Just trying Beatport Link here (had to load f/w 1.5.1 again despite broken roll on FX2).

Not all tracks are downloading. For example, it doesn’t like Broken Hearts by Mike Holiday.

I just get a big popup saying “Track Download Failed - please check your internet connection”.

There’s nothing wrong with my internet connection. Other tracks load.

[update] it was a bad file. There were several on the same album. Beatport are aware and fixing.

1.5.1 Firmware Downloads:

Not sure if this link will work countries other than the U.S… Give it a try

https://www.denondj.com/downloads