Small portable speaker for Prime GO

My Adam T5V’s are too small in my room(using 8" hifi speakers and a studio sub at the moment) and I’m looking for other speakers when producing and I also looking for portable speakers for my Prime GO, hope to find one solution that can handle both.

Soundwise some say(guy in below links) it’s a tie between Bose S1 and QSC CP8, the latter wins easily if loud volume is needed. Bose has great dispersion which looks good to me. QSC are cheaper but needs external battery station. Then Mackie Thump Go is said to have good top end.

“At low to medium volume you are losing some fidelity especially high end and midrange when compared to hifi speakers.” Said about S1 when asked for the difference from hifi speakers.

Then my first choice is not the S1 or the CP8 ones for the combo I look for, Mackies left.

@Djscottyb @MrWilks @DigitalDeceiver @Maximilian_Bernreuth Can I have Mackies for producing too at medium levels, 60-85dB, not much info about them, detailed mids?

I don’t know the guy but he sounds confident:

Shootout! QSC CP8 vs. Bose S1 Pro:

The $400 Club - Budget Portable PA’s Mackie Thump Go, JBL Partybox 110, Yamaha DBR10:

If the Mackie Go sounds as good as their CRX-5 speakers then they’ll be really nice.

I grabbed these CRX-5s as a cheap option while moving house and I decided to keep them. They are around £140 a pair and have a nice all-round sound at lower volumes.

Bang-for-buck they’re fantastic.

i have the T7V as well and i would say they sound better than the mackies. But i never did a real comparison side by side and the scenarios where i listen to the Mackies is quite different from the T7V.

1 Like

I’ve got a pair of thump go’s I use with my sc live 4 when not at home. I recommend them. Good battery life, plenty loud for me

New ultra low latency wireless monitors from AIAIAI

3 Likes

:astonished: didn’t know aiaiai did speakers, don’t know about the lights built into the front, looks a bit 2010 crap gamer led pc type thing.

Minirigs all the way.

They’re compact, have no latency when using the aux input, they daisychain together if you have more than one, and they have a separate sub.

Honestly its amazing how good a couple of them sound, but once you add a sub they really start to shine.

Other advantage is you can build up a set gradually, rather than outlaying a massive amount on one large speaker.

1 Like