Shutdown after Update To V 3.0? (Prime 4)

Hello Guys, I have a Problem. Next Werk i have my first bigger DJ Gig. Therefore i Trained at Home. Yesterday and Today i Played Like 5 hours and within this time my Prime 4 shut down Like 5-6 Times. The First Shutdown was after a bigger time and after restart the Prime 4 went Off and on every 15 mins… If i Just let in ON and dont Play Tracks everything works… What can i do? Anybody have the Same issues? Change Version? Change USB? However 2 weeks ago i also Had a Shutdown in a local bar with Version 2.4 but this one was a one time Shutdown… any Tips?

1 Like

I do not have the right answer for this… but I also have some “random shutdown” problems on my SC6000 players with 3.0.0. Yesterday it was happening during some beatport search on the player themselve. Player got freezed and only a view funktions still responsed.

So my question: did you used some streaming services yesterday on the device?

Yesterday yes. But Today i did Not even Connect with Internet…

I did a couple hour session yesterday without any issues, also not connected to the internet at that point.

But after my players restartet for a couple times, I regognized a strange behavier with my sd card. Even when I connected it to the PC, engine DJ was able to see there is some data on it, but the software could not find any engine dj related things.

So I decided to format my sd card and syncronize everything from scratch in engine dj to the sd card again. After that no restart anymore.

I assume something went wrong during the freezetime and the fact the player has downloaded the tune and applied it to the sd card collection. When you do some beatport related stuff on the device and you hock up your collection to the pc again, you should be able to see every tune you have downloaded. But not in my case then.

Try to format your a stick and synq again to check if with this source, the problem is gone

I will try. I bought also a new USB which is even faster that my current one… I will Check it tomorrow and Just Play 5 hours and If it works its good… I also think about really to Put Version 2.4 Back ON my Prime 4.

1 Like

At the very beginning, when I just bought my Prime4, I had a lot of strange things, like button play suddenly not working, titles that don’t even start etc. Like everybody here, I had plenty of mp3 that I had downloaded on Internet, with poor quality. I decided to change all this. Now most of my files are flac or 320kbs and I have repaired all my collection with Mp3Val software. Since that, no more problem ! May be it comes from this, seen it doesn’t happen when you don’t play

Ok there are News i Made everwhere a factory reset. And it Crashed again. Tryed with new USB Stick and the Prime 4 is restarting again Like exact 1 hour after playing… I try the 2.4 Version. And Hope that will wofk

Got mine new December 2.4 and now 3.0.0 and never had a single trbl I hope all will be ok soon getting out with it . Could it be a temperature issue some kind of protection. I mostly play from Tital. Got one stick just to memorize key and beat from tidal good luck to the live player. Oufffff

Good Tip. I have a Case bur it never Made a Problem… However i put my Prime 4 Out of the Case trough the night and when I woke Up IT still was playing… I try again Today

Okay. Today it has again an Shutdown… Played a Playlist when I was Not at Home… ■■■

Did all went off or were the buttons still illuminated and only the screen restarted? I had this since 2.4 update.

Everthing restarted.

You said “case”, so presume flightcase. Does it restart only in the flightcase? I suggest to contact support. Maybe it’s getting too hot in someway.

Still, it could also be corrupt or faulty tracks like mentioned above.

No restarted Like 1 hour ago ON a normal Table… And also restarting If i paly something from SoundCloud…

had the GUI restart with the mixer and buttons still on since 2.4… Still think it has got sth to do with my USB stick but it never happend until 2.4. I dont think its due to temperature in your case.