Should Engine DJ Forum have an application?

I have the forum tab always open on my iPhone, and never had a single smallest issue. All works perfectly. In my opinion, there is no need for a forum app. The coding resources should not be diverted from development of Engine Dj and OS.

It’s incorrect to say the forum does/doesn’t need an app or that the forum itself is “bad” because I didn’t get given an answer on a plate is like someone saying that they don’t like paper because they once got a final demand utility bill printed on paper. Don’t shoot the messenger.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback, being new around here I thought I might have missed an OS app.

Thanks for taking the time for feedback, yes an OS app or android. Seems people are content with the old ways of doing communications. Thanks Will

I personally think the mobile version is super smooth. Anything specific you’d like to see in the app, that isn’t already on the mobile version? Just out of curiosity :blush:

1 Like

It seems all a little clunky, going back and forth on a phone to look for new subject content is a hassle, being new I’m reading as many topics as I can to understand Denon products better, having only moved over to Denon in December I required the background knowledge of how the systems work, being an engineer myself I always look for the knowledge in anything I use, I really found the topics usefully in the area I was having trouble with, mapping over ITunes to the SATA card and what programming was better to use. So my joy was had when I done a search on the net for a forum and found there was one in place, next was join the forum, set up my account which was standard process. Then search for the relevant information that I thought I required, this was the part where I found it a little tricky, mostly being new and understanding how the forum worked. My thoughts were I wonder if I have missed an OS app as the feedback on the topics were very detailed and thought with Denon they might already have this set up. I myself came off social media six years ago so I don’t have the normal information and communications as most, no Facebook, insta, Twitter ect so I do find time for time I don’t get the up to date information, ie live feedback. However, this was not what I found on the forum and seen after a few days that people use the platform just like an app. I done a quick search on the App Store to see if there was an app, this search was a blank, so my original post was to find out if there was one or the need for one, Denon is a massive company and is leading the way in future DJing products ( My Opinion) and with this I just expected them to have an app, there probably is Denon sites on Facebook, Twitter, MEWE and other DJing social media I don’t use. Hopefully this explains my thoughts and where I’m at, I thank everyone for their feedback on the post as it shows there is a community here who are active. Anyone want to search me up, I hang around Soundcloud and Mixcloud, same handle for all, Thatswhatyourmumsaid Aka Will :raised_hands:t3:

Outstanding, will give this a try later :ok_hand:t3::fist:t3:

Think most the issues that people are ■■■■■■ about stem from being new users and they just whimsically (<— been waiting to use that in a post my whole life) Throw out their latest software with absolute zero certainties if its a stable build or going to destroy someones next event and are completely lax about it. The December 12th faux faux was my day 1 and it destroyed 2 computer systems of mine. Now I completely get why I’m ■■■■■■ some of you act like well LADI dadi da tough titty lil kitty. But ya know as a customer it would be nice to have gotten a solid machine that was able to update a WELL KNOWN stable build. Instead of being told to update the latest firmware and reinstall all software which we should have tested but did not so now your entire computer infrastructure is in peices. WELCOME TO DENON. totally over it tho.

Just guessing but dont think an app would have helped. Im putting together a discord tho, at least people on their hippie out and care about each others plights. Grab a spliff and come join

I have not had that experience. I purchased a Prime 2 last August, and I have gotten a ton of assistance from this forum. One issue, in particular, was that Mac OS upgrade. I found a work around here as well as received confirmation when the Engine DJ software had been updated.

any info about the discord?