Settings changed fron pendrive to other different

Hi, I have the following issue…

Please, could anyone tell me if it happens to anyone else and if you have been able to solve it with a version change or some other way?

I have a Denon SC5000M, Engine OS 2.2.2. I haven’t update it yet, for fear of some publications reporting bugs and my version right now is stable and fluid.

The problem is the following: I have settings-user profile-security-Needle Lock activated on my unit to block the audio track from moving accidentally when touching the screen.

If another DJ (who has another unit identical to mine, created at home and played with the needle lock disabled) inserts a pendrive into my unit, the needle lock is deactivated, how can this be possible and how could I solve it?

Has anyone else reported this and know if it has been fixed in later versions?

Thank you.

Hi, it sounds like your friends USB drive has a custom profile loaded that disables that function. They need to set their drive preferences to have needle lock on when they load their unit, or alternatively select ‘No’ when prompted to load their profile after inserting the drive.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

What I find incredible is that the preferences are saved in the pendrive database and not in the drive itself.

Do you know if Denon warns about this in some way in its manual?

I think it can be a serious danger to play music in a club with 2 DJs with different preferences on the same units. Each DJ will be confident in the preferences they bring from home and a mistake can easily be made.

Shouldn’t this, the preferences, be stored at the drive level? Can EngineOS be configured so that preferences are not saved to the external drive?

It’s exactly the same system as the ‘industry standard’ and has been for years. DJs are able to load their own preferences onto the player. The warning is when they load their drive and are asked if they want to load their profile or not, selecting no will avoid it, selecting yes won’t.

Where else would this be saved outside of the flash drive?

2 Likes

I don’t have multiple users on my own device but doesn’t the player prompt you to update the profile settings each time you switch between your own and someone else’s drive?

No.

That is the question, It could be the “standard” but the unit doesn’t prompt before loading the preferences, and when turning between the pendrives, preferences are changing without know how they are in each moment.

Are you sure? I’ll do some testing on mine this week but I 100% get a message each time I turn my Prime 2 on to ask if I want to load my user profile that’s installed on the SSD.

The only other thing I can think is loading one with no preferences puts the device back to default, one of the more experienced guys on here might be able to answer better than I can.

4 Likes

Sure 100% no, because could be the other DJ, unconsciously, press yes Button.

I’ll get sure this weekend, asking for the pendrive to my colleague.

The strange thing is also that it came from a Prime 4 or SC6000M unit, I don’t know for certain why it has both. I will do my best to find out.

Thank you

1 Like

Every pen drive and hard drive can have its own user profile with different user preferences.

Just say “yes” to load profile when you insert a memory stick with the safety features that you do want.

1 Like

Dear all,

I detected as well, and my workflow is as follows:

• I prepare my tracks with DENON DJ on the PC on an USB Stick (in DENON DJ there is an item to change the settings —it is an option, not a must—).
  • Then I insert this USB Stick with the prepared tracks in to my P4 (DENON OS) device
  • P4 is asking me, if I want to update (no / yes)
  • I always decline (I tick no), as I don’t want to overwrite my settings on the device.
  • I only want to use my uptdated tracks

If you work not alone at your device (two DJs or more) it makes sence, to take over their individual settings from their USB-stick, and when you are working at the device again to update with your own settings and tick with “yes”.

I hope this hints are assisting you a little bit.

Good luck and enjoy the day

Brgds BeatMaster

As you are still on 2.2.0, which is more than one and a half year old, there is no comparison to the actual software. I can’t definitely say, that you get a prompt each time you change the source. That’s more than enough warning. Perhaps you should consider updating and make your own experience.

Worst case scenario would be reverting to the old release.

Anyhow something you should keep in mind. Most of the people complain if something is not working as expected or if the working function is not meeting their own requirements.

If everything is fine most of the people don’t talk about it.

3 Likes

They all change since launch I believe.

@Reese right?

If another chosen source has a profile, Engine will ask if you’d like to load every single time.

1 Like