Setting CUE: Why moving the "1" BarCount to this CUE Point?

Hi all, Prime4 on 2.0.1 Symptom: When setting the CUE to somewhere in the song, the “1” - BarCounter moves there automatically and remains there for future. This is also the fact when using the AUTOLOOP Feature (Shft+Loop), which will also automatically move the CUE (even without touching the CUE button).

Comming from Traktor the “1” BarCount is where the GRID starts so it is some “holy grail” in the Song. Question: What is the benfit of this behaviour on my P4?? Major Downside: Next Time I load the song it is loaded at the CUE Point which is somewhere in the song (e.g. I triggered a AUTOLOOP) and not where I initially placed it. (I know: THIS is a setting I could turn off)

How to switch off this behaviour “pressing CUE → set BarCount=1” ?

Change it on the settings / user profile

• track start position (track start or cue)
  • move cue to loop in (on or off)

There is no way to switch it off.

Anywhere you press CUE the 1 gets set there.

I’m not sure what the purpose is as well.

Grid numbers is usually fixed in other dj solutions

In my case… in some tracks jumps to CUE point and in other ones sets CUE point. But I don’t found the logical or why happens. Really it’s like Shift was sometimes pushed by default sometimes not.

All the tracks are analyzed in EnginePrime before. And happens two/three times on last two weeks.

First time I was shocked trying to understand… now, just living with it.

Next time I record a video and report it.

:thinking:

Also, if you ever press the CUE button anywhere in a song, the next time you load that song it is remembered. That button is bizarrely a permanent cue button.

2 Likes

I think it needs to be reworked to Temp Cue

The load options should be

1. Load from Start
  2. Load from First Hot-cue (if there is one)

further optional setting - Allow Engine DJ to Automatically Set Temp Cue

3 Likes

I fully agree to all of Mufasas suggestion/summary. In addition to that I suggest to leave the "1"Bar where it was placed when setting the grid.

1 Like

I put a bug report in for this once as I never realised it was intended behaviour after coming from Serato DJ. I couldn’t work out why my tracks was loading at the end it it turns out that I was tapping the CUE button by a force of habit and it was loading from this point the next time the track reloaded.

2 Likes

I started a feature request for it

https://community.enginedj.com/t/fixed-beat-grid-numbers-in-engine-os-players-and-engine-prime-stop-cue-from-resetting-the-beat-marker-counter/26337?u=mufasa

3 Likes

I agree.

It is disturbing, especialy becouse we are used to stop the track with the cue button and the next you load a song startsbat the end.