Set multiple Cues in a song

I want to set multiple hot cues at the beginning of phrases and mark the end of phrases with a static cue so I can see when to hit the next hot cue button.

I can only set one static cue in a song. Am I doing something wrong?

My goal is to edit 4 minute songs down to 2 minutes. Suggestions how?

Thanks, Mark

Is this what you are looking for or am I reading the question wrong?

Yes you can only set ONE static cue. But then you set EIGHT hot cues effectively giving you nine cue points. In engine.

Set static at start, then go through and set hot cues and label to give your point of reference. Right click to label and pick colour. It does depend on very accurate grids though but you sort those in engine at same time

Thank you for your answers. They tell me how to start a cue point. They do not explain when to push the button for the next cure point. The cue point is at the beginning of the musical phrase, it doe not mark the end of the phrase to know when to click the next hot button.

Example: I want to play three phrases in a song in a certain order. How do I know when to click the next hot cue?

Thanks, Mark

No specific feature to make a marker to start next cue, but there are some options here:

• Use hot loops instead of hot cues, so you see the end of the loop upcoming in the waveform
  • Make a cue START and a cue NEXT if 4 cues are enough
  • Use a hot cue for IN and a hot loop for marker NEXT if 8 are needed
  • Rename the hotcue or hotloop with the time you want to start next
  • Most obvious one, just remember the tunes and know what you want to do when