Service Manuals

Hi Percival. Curious if you got any help regarding the service manual ? I have just replaced the USB port B but I’m only getting the hard drive connection working, not the display or the sound. Wondering what had happened in your situation or if you were having a similar issue as me, how and if you solved it.

In my case they f****d up very bad. My cue button was not working, after service it came worst, they replaced the board and its not calibrated to the main board, some times it slows down music a lot. The problem was a broken cue button the plastic part… i need the service manual to be able to repair. I am a better fixer then the service guy.

FML

Well, by saying that, it clearly shows, that you have no idea how it works and definitely you are not…

1 Like

Perhaps InMusic should re-evaluate their position on service manuals availability given the difficulty in repairing the Prime lineup, particularly the mixers for something as simple as replacing an upfader.

2 Likes

I’m in that predicament right now, reaching out to Denon support and they won’t do an out of warranty repair, won’t provide me with the parts I need, won’t provide me with a service manual.

Denon, read that again and have a long hard think about that being acceptable for customers who have spent ££££ buying your products. Quickest repair I can get is 2 months from a repair centre and it’ll costs me £££.

I’m going to attempt a repair anyway because I have no choice, will try make a video and post it for the community to use. Really surprised I can’t find anything on the subject, maybe I’m the crazy one.

1 Like

Yes, I am in exactly that position right now, raised a ticket in January 2024 to be told no out of warranty repairs and to go to a 3rd party repairer but after finding the issue they can not even sell me the spare part and advised me to buy from https://instrumentalparts.com I am in the UK and that company is in the USA. Not good for UK owners. They should stop calling themselves Denon Dj Support and call themselves Denon Dj NO Support

1 Like

I think the pandemic is still screwing a lot of stuff up… the aftermath and whatnot. I take InMusic at their word that they intended to have a superior parts supply chain for Rane products compared to even what old Rane had, for instance, when they acquired them, but clearly that’s not the case now. So, then the question is: what’s the short-term solution prior to remedying supply chain and work backlog? Clearly service manuals would be a way to remedy this, and I can’t imagine why this would be considered an IP issue, because their competitors can reverse engineer the hardware just by purchasing some examples, taking them apart, and tracing the circuits. The most important IP in them appears to be the firmware, anyway.