Serious bugs in SC Live 4

Hello, yes the club where this happens, has wifi extenders. After it happened 3 times in the last performance, I switched networks. I created a 5G hotspot on my cell phone and it seems to have resolved the situation. However my denon sc live 4 has the latest update 3.1.1 Thanks

1 Like

Then it seems the WiFi extenders are the issue. Some commercial extenders/networks are programmed to boot users off the network after x or xx mins of being connected. There may be a private network in the club which the staff, admin or cash registers run on which doesn’t have the kick-off option running, which the club might give you the password for

Has Denon addressed this yet?

I have run into the reboot fault recently on my SC live 4. Took it into the shop I bought it from, and couldn’t reproduce it there, nor at a friends house. Brought my unit back home and it re-occurred.

After reading this thread I’ve tried turning off WiFi on the unit, and so far it seems to have stopped the reboot issue happening.

The unit has been absolutely fine up until last week, but recently I added another WiFi extender (Mesh WiFi on FritzBox routers) and I wonder if that is the issue. I already had one extender and it wasn’t happening then.

I don’t use any of the streaming services so I can live with WiFi being off if it resolves the issue for me but it should be fixed anyway. The unit shouldn’t reboot due to some weird WiFi thing.

1 Like

So the common denominator here seems to be wifi extenders. A good way of testing at home would be to make the extender run with a different SSID, then force your device onto the base router to see if it stops it happening.

I have an sc live 4 the longest I have used it is 5 hours straight I don’t recall any issues I an yet to update it to the latest firmware

1 Like

Hi. Encounter the same issues on 2 separate units. For both of them the issue occured while wifi connected. In my case the unit starts reboot randomly. Sometimes with tidal selected as source and sometimes while on usb… but always with wifi on. It happened with both version 3.2.0 and the with the previous one…I do have an extender but it occured also while connected on my phone(hotspot). Don’t know exactly how to reproduce it.

1 Like

I bought this unit becuase it interfaces with virtual dj- virtual does a good job at analyzing the music for beats per minute- and for key for compatability mixing- virtual also allows karaoke which some people want at their party-

3 of the last 4 gigs the player was playing fine -and then CRASHED 1 1/2 to 2 hrs in- I literally had to go to the car and get backup controllers- i was so embarrassed I gave a partial refund to the client- I buy my music for download from amazon- the streaming feature seems nice- but I cant rely on a $1200 controller- to die in the middle of a school dance or someones wedding- I charge the same price as what i paid for this controller and expected it to work and be proffessional. I gave it 2 stars on amazon - happy to update if this problem gets rectified- I also own 3 other controllers from other maufacturers they work fine-I can do a six hr gig- no crashing- I was on the radio in the 90s and denon in an air studio was what we used for CDs and cart/cd players- I cant recomend a mixer that crashes

1 Like

lol why leave your backup gear anywhere other than where your main gear is.

Any gear can fail or get a beer tipped over it so it makes.sense to keep your backup local to your main system

I do all private gigs. Backup gear is left in the car becuase im already moving a cart with 200 pnds of gear i am using. Into vfw halls, hotels, restuarant function rooms ect. I really don’t want to move equipment im not using, unless i need it

1 Like

In case anyone is still experiencing this it appears that the latest update 3.3.0 has fixed the random reboot due to some weird WiFi bug. The release notes do mention wifi interoperability fixes.

I installed the update this morning and turned wifi on again and hasn’t rebooted many hours later. Previously a reboot would happen within 30 minutes.

Hoorah!

. Working sc live 4 with vdj Randomly sound cuts out in the midle of the live program with no errors at logfile on Vdj, everything seems works fine optical but no sound :frowning: I have to reset the controller to return on my main program.

Is it randomly or is it in the middle ?

As a test, ramp the latency setting up to 10 times what it is set to now and see if the problem persists - it won’t be very responsive to button presses but if the sound cut-out issues are resolved by setting lots of latency then at least the cause of the problem is found

1 Like

Is it randomly my friend . . . i put the latency on max now, and i have turn off the internet.