Second deck too slow when loading a track...USELESS!!

Well, it’s me again (Amarillis) under a new identity… Unfortunately I lost my account infos, so I had to make a new one… If any of the moderators can read this one, please eventually merge the TWO identities… Let me know… Anyway the issue is: On my second SC5000, whatever this means, where non SD/USB is connected, I can NOT load any track in a decent time… I mean, it will take MINUTES to load ONE track from the first player via the cable link… And yes, I have tried both the 2.3.1 and the 2.2.0 FW version… Both are the same! BUT, I was not experiencing this problem only three, four weeks ago, when my FW version was the 2.2.0 one… When I upgraded to the latest one the issue started… I not saying this is a problem from the new 2.3.1 but I’m just doing some speculation… At the beginning I was thinking of a unused WIFI connection, so I turned it OFF on both players, but didn’t help! So know I can only use TWO SD/USB sticks, one for each player, if I want to make a set, otherwise the track I load on the second deck will be ready to play at the next set… This makes me crazy!! HOW, WHY, WHEN??? Thanks a lot everybody for the understanding… CIAO!

1 Like

You should pick a average length track on your deck with the drive plugged into it, and time it’s loading.

Then load the same track into the networked deck and time that, so there’s an exact comparison, rather than just “minutes”

Already done it…Anyway, if you are interested in some figures, here we go… Deck with SD pulgged into it: less than 1 SECOND! I mean, I can not even start the timer before the track was completele loaded and ready to play… Deck connected via cable link: MORE than 180 seconds… And when the waveform is displaied and you hit a CUE far from the beginning of the first beat, the waveform is scrolling but NO SOUND can be heard from the track… You have to wait SOME (may be 30 to 60) more seconds before the sound is there… I hope this can help… Thanks for all your hints for solving this problem… CIAO!

And how long is the track? Eg 4 mins?

File type? Flac? Wav? Mp3 320kbps? 128kbps?

Source of track? Beatport etc

Also … media was Sd? Did you mean sd camera card or SSD solid state drive? - if SD/camera card have you tried the same test using a usb stick or usb drive instead of sc cam card?

Hi there! Well, the track was 4ish minutes and the format was MP3 320kbps… Source of track? I don’t know what you mean… The track is MINE and was digitally acquired from a vynil of mine… The media is SD CARD Sandisk Extreme 64GB… And yes, I tried the same test with another USB stick Memory, SanDisk ULTRA 32GB that actually is the fastest external memory I own and when plugged into a deck there is no latency between the action of loading a track and the track display… It’s a FLASH and the track is ready to go, of course only on the deck where the stick is in… Let me know if you need some more infos… CIAO!

So, this delay happens with SD cards but not usb (?)

1 Like

NO! I’m sorry maybe there’s a misunderstanding here… The delay is NOT present both with SD and USB on the deck where these are plugged in… Instead is present on the deck connected via the link cable, where NO USB or SD media is present… Remeber, I use a single deck with a plugged in media… The other one is linked to the first one via the link cable… No matter if the media are on one or the other deck… The delay VIA THE LINK CABLE is always there… But this is a recent problem… I’ve never experienced it before… Since FW version 2.2 eveything was OK… After the new update to the 2.3.1 something changed the game… And even if I downgrade the system the proble NOW is still there… So I don’t know what to think about a possible solution… Thanks again for your interest… CIAO.

Have you tried a different ethernet cable?

Yes, of course this was the first thing I tried… CIAO.

Well, I spent the last few hours (24!!) trying to solve my problem related to the load track speed and… Belive it or not, I used what I always called the SECOND deck, to become the FIRST deck, in other words the deck where the SD/USB media is inserted and the problem seems to be solved… I also noticed that the problem is NOT present in the 2.0 FW version, no matter where you put your memory media… So can it be called a MASTER/SLAVE problem? For me, just swapping the MASTER to be the SLAVE and viceversa solved the issue, at least at the moment… Now I’m running the 2.3.1 FW… I don’t know what to think about it… Let me know your thought… Thanks everybody for the GREAT support, if any… CIAO!

Did You tried to re-install the software on the slower deck? Or both?

Maybe a billion of times, on both decks…

So to be sure, You pinpointed the error to one exact device, right?

Maybe the network card/socket pins on the slow deck is faulty.

I really do not know what to say here… I don’t think there is an EXACT DEVICE in error, or at least I think that the HW by itself is working fine on borh devices… This is why the version 2.0 is running correctly on both devices… BUT, you said something about trying to reinstall the FW and this make me think that sometimes the FW won’t be loaded correctly on the device even if everything SEEM to work fine… Maybe, like in this case, the FW has some problems that you never experience unless you use a particular function… In my case it seems to be related to the ability to TX/RX from the cable link… Everything else is fine… BUT, yes another one, can you tell if the faulty device is the one that does not receive or the one that is not sending? At the moment I’m not gonna spend anymore time to troubleshoot the problem because I would like to play and not have a test session every single day… If you guys are involved in this kind of issues and know how to make a serious test routine, please let me know… CIAO!

Well I would test this in steps like this:

1. Different us sticks and SD cards.
  2. Lan cables multiple.
  3. Check direct connection and thru a switch/router and/or x1800/1850 mixer.
  4. Socket connections (check if cables are sitting there correctly, is the socket it self not lose).
  5. Firmware re-install. First on one unit, then on another one.

After some time spent with the latest configuration (FW 2.3.1.), I noticed that a new issue was present… The SLAVE deck, the one that was the MASTER for about 3 years now, was now losing the connection with the MASTER via cable link…This happened at least three times during a 90 minutes set…TOO MUCH!! Anyway, thanks to the ability to use the second layer on a deck, everything was fine… The deck after a reboot (power ON/OFF) was working for some time and then again the issue started again… Yesterday I Re-Re-Re installed the FW 2.3.1. on this single faulty deck and now seems to work reliably at least I really hope…

Well, I’m sorry to say that the new firmware versions (2.3…) are not compatible/suitable with my SC5000… I’m always experiencing the same problem as I described above in my posts… No matter which deck is the MASTER (the one with the SD/USB media installed)… So I decided to downgrade to what for me was the stable version of the FW that is the 2.2… I don’t know why but it seems that the new FW version is somewhat different in the way the communication between the decks is handled and my decks go nuts… I hope this “ISSUE” will be solved in the next/future FW releases but, at the moment, for me the game is over… Anyway I feel that I’m not losing anything downgrading to the 2.2 release… If anyone can spread some light I will be glad… That’s it… CIAO!

New update for this thread… At the end I realized that it was not an issue from the FW version BUT is something that is happening on the NET board/connector… I’m still in the phase of trying if I can find a workaround but I don’t think I’ll come up with anything useful… I don’t know why and when this happened but at the moment I can only work with two decks in standalone configuration… This means that I can not use the INSTANT DOUBLE for example or that I’m forced to sync the tracks libraries each time I end a set… Moreover I MUST use TWO media devices like SD/USB stick and so on… Fortunately the players themeself are still usable as STANDALONE units and that’s it! Stay tunned for new update/discovery… CIAO!

1 Like

New UPDATE: Today I tried again to connect the two SC5000s via the link cable and the RX/TX lights on one of the deck are completely OFF!! No matter what I connect it to, seems that the link board or connector has some problems… I’m not gonna mess with a teardown since I don’t want to make things worst… So that’s it… My only chance to have my two USB stick synchronized is by the Engine Sync Manager (VER 3.1.0), which is NOT working either! Lucky me! Ciao!