Searching multiple sources

i have a rather large collection +/- 20000 songs and all is fine. BUT i have several usb sticks with specified genres that i have separate from my main collection. Let’s say i have my main collection plugged in on the left player and loaded up and a usb stick plugged and loaded on the right player I can search my main collection on the left player but NOT on the right player and vice versa. why is this ? the players are connected with the provided utp cable. i have to load the same device on both players to be able to search on both units. am i doing anything wrong here ?

At the moment, if the total database size is over 2.4 gb, the one database can’t be seen over the network. This is being looked into for enhancement on a future firmware release.

No not what i mean I will try and explain again I CAN search my big main collection on both players no problem. But i have to load it on the two players (1 hard drive plugged in on the left player) but loaded on the left and right. Searches are possible on the 2 units So if i plug in an extra usb on the right player lets say , and load it there , so now i can search the usb on the right player but NOT my main collection hdd. Other way around is the same on the left player i can search my main hdd but not the usb . Is it not possible to have the two devices loaded on the same time so i can do a global search on all connected devices? Makes life a lot easier☺️

no you can’t search multiple sources at the same time.

You can connect up to 3 sources per player, however you need to select 1 source and the player will then search within that 1 source.

1 Like

Searching multiple sources definitely wanted. Especially looking up a track across all local as well as streaming sources—thinking of Virtual DJ as an example that has this working well. I can find a track locally as well as on Tidal, and then also some DJ edits on Beatsource.

1 Like

In practise, how dows it go? If I’m planning to use Numark mixstream pro go mainly from SD but want to use Tidal for song requests that are missing from my SD? I need/can change the source during playing and load song from Tidal and then change the source back to SD? I can’t search from multible sources (as said in here) as I can with Serato Pro so let’s hope that functionality comes on the future… Thx!

Yes, you can change the sources without any worries. You can also simply perform a search on each source.

If, as in your case, you have an SD and also Tidal as a second source, then a Tidal track that you load will also be added to the database on the SD, and be available in those search results next time.

1 Like

Four letters; N-i-c-e! :smiley: Sound really good and handy. I’m currently usind PC (serato pro) + Rane four which makes the setup quite big. So I started to look after smaller standalone controller and end up to Numark Go. I spent quite long time comparing the Denon and Numark but now I try the Numark. Both quite same but maybe Numark layout is easier for me after Pioneer and Rane decks. I know I’ll need some time to learn off the PC with big screen and Serato logic, but EngineDJ seems to have really nice features. Especially with the opportunity to use Soundswitch directly from it. And I can still keep PC with me as a backup with Serato.

1 Like