Searching mp3 tags for songs

I recently purchased a pair of sc5000 media players and I absolutely love them. As I become more acclimated with playing on these devices, I noticed an issue with “Searching” on the media players themselves. I have songs on my USB stick and when attempting to search on genre, I am unable to find instances of what I have. To help find what to play next, I have a system that has worked well on the pioneer CDJs, but not on the Denon SC5000. For example:

[Jackin House][Mid Level Banger][Latin][Horns] [Tech House][Banger][Heavy Bassline]

Using categories like this aid in selection of the next track. However, let’s say I search “Banger”, 1 song comes up and doesn’t even have the word in the Genre. Can anyone help lend a hand on what I may be missing or overlooking? Outside of this, I love being able to hold my finger on a track and I can see all the genre information, however, doing this through an entire playlist can be a bit of a task and causes a delay in finding what I’m looking for. Much appreciated and very happy to have these in my studio.

Cheers!

Did you enable search all in the search :mag: menu

By default it’s set to Artist and Title only

You need to create a library from your tracks in order for search to be able to pick up the words you put in your comment/genre id3 tags.

Thanks this was it! Not sure how I Missed the dropped down to select these options. I knew I was missing something and thank you!

1 Like

Mark my post as the solution.

Enjoy