Sc6000m updating motor to 04.04

I know this has been mentioned before by users, but i couldnt find a resolve. Last week mid set one of my sc6000m’s developed a motor issue. I powered down the deck and switched it back on. Ever since its been stuck in a loop “updating motor to 04.04”. Ive tried reinstalling firmware from the earliest to the newest (yes i still have them all), but nothing has solved the problem. I have contacted the store i bought the decks from, who say they only have a 1 year warranty? (Crazy for the price). My decks are 14 months old and well looked after. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? I have raised a ticket with inmusic, however by the looks of it i could be waiting a very long time for a response. Tomorrow is the first weekend working with 1 deck missing, and i am desperate to find a solution. If anyone can help i would very much appreciate it, ive tried pretty much everything i think.

1 Like

Hey bud, id save all your music to an external drive, which im guessing you’ve most likely already have done. And then find out about a hard reset on your SC6000M decks. I’ve got the SC5000M decks, so im a little familiar with the set up, but I’ve been kinda on a break from scratching, & mixing lately personally. So im a little rusty on the exact set up with these at the current moment my friend. Do you have the motorized version of the SC6000’s, or the controller version? Im gonna look into this for you,ok bro,hang tight man… :+1::pray::sunglasses::notes::musical_note::headphones:

1 Like

Mine are the motorised version. Hard reset as in hold in the power button for x amount of time? If so, yes ive tried that.

So how did you get your 5000 sorted? Im reluctant to send my deck away, so its still sat gathering dust at the minute.

1 Like

Trust me, don’t wait for an email response…CALL THEM directly!! They seem to have taken down the telephone contact information from the InMusic website, but I still found the number for you…

https://bit.ly/3Btbbcu

I have dealt directly with InMusic on 3 occasions for warranty service. Two of the times, I had sent my gear in for repair and received it back before I was ever even contacted via web support. Good luck!

1 Like

Please help if anyone has resolved this updating Motor 04.04 issue

please🙏🏼

I had this problem on one of my sc6000M, when you get this error it is a hardware failure. There is nothing you can do at your level, no manipulation, reset or update of the firmware to any version whatsoever will solve this problem. The only thing you can do is contact your dealer to send your player for repair. Hoping that InMusic will repair it for you even if it is no longer under warranty.

Courage to you

1 Like

Thank you so much Gaian, it’s disheartening but what else can we do.