SC6000M reboots randomly

I have a really annoying problem with one of my SC6000M. The device reboots at irregular intervals (sometimes after 3 hours, sometimes not at all, sometimes after 10 minutes). No error message or anything, just a reboot (or at least that’s what it looks like, the splash screen comes up for a while and then I end up back in source selection).

I think the problem occurs since 2.4.0, but I’m not sure, because I’ve hardly used him before a few months. Apart from that, it works flawlessly. I have completely formatted the internal SSD and reloaded everything (I only use the internal SSD), but that didn’t fix anything.

Any ideas or hints? Is there a log file or so?

Now the device also shut down and restarted once during playback. That’s exactly why I switched from the laptop to the SC6000 back then - to have a more stable environment. And now I have the most beautiful error of all. A player that crashes and restarts on rare occasions. And no one can ever narrow down the cause because it just happens way too rarely. Great, just great.

Could be a bad music file or a corrupt area of the ssd that when engine dj tries to read from, it crashes out. Might also be bad ram on the main board but that would need servicing by an authorized dealer.

Try using a usb stick or sd card to rule out the ssd. Also, keep track of what file was playing when the deck crashed

Also, try reloading the firmware using the usb stick method. Make sure the firmware is the only thing and it is formatted in Fat 32. Look up the tool Rufus for formatting usb drives to Fat 32.

1 Like

Thank you. First I will remove the SSD and do a test with USB stick. The annoying thing is that the problem occurs so rarely. Will probably have to run a 3-day continuous loop to rule it out. With such bs one can waste a lot of lifetime… :roll_eyes:

You’re welcome and good luck.

Could the Mac OS “dot-files” (hidden files) be a problem for EngineOS? I always write to the SSD with my Mac and so of course all those hidden files are on there. Shouldn’t be a problem, right?

Not too familiar with the Mac OS file system. I’m a PC guy :slight_smile:

Though, I wouldn’t think a hidden file would have an effect unless there’s a file dependency somewhere. What is the purpose of the “dot-file” in Mac OS land?

Those files are created automatically by the file system under Mac OS. They contain extended file information or custom folder attributes (.DS_store) - only relevant for Mac OS and not visible on a Mac. Normally, they shouldn’t do any damage (just annoy) on other systems.

Oh I see. I noticed that file on some downloads from certain sites that provide both pc and mac files in the download. Doubtful that would be your issue. Would be more users on Mac OS reporting the same.

They took the laptop out of the equation but it is still a computerized device with a custom OS that unfortunately experiences the same issues as a standard OS.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.