SC6000 SSDs

So i managed to get my hands on 2 SSDs for my new SC6000s and rather blindly i was thinking that this would be a breeze to install them then get Windows 10/11 to see them when the 6k is in computer mode under EngineDJ - but noooo.

Connected to one SC under computer mode, Windows confirms [the windows tone] that it is connected but when reviewing in Engine DJ there is nothing.

Tried 2 laptops running 10/11 and neither of them will see the SC6000 in computer mode, in fact the SC shows the below screen.

Any help appreciated.

They’ll need formatting first, check out the guide for it

3 Likes

I was basing my install on an old ‘how to’ video which showed the SSDs being installed into the SC players and then formatting once connection was made, however, this was on a Mac which i guess being class compliant doesn’t have to worry about drivers.

Anyhow, i managed to find a SSD interface and connect via USB and format them, after that there was no issues.

Have to say, in the past i have used external HDD s on my SC5000Ms and the difference in speed is absolutely fantastic, i knew the difference in loading was going to be faster, but this is a game changer.

1 Like

Yeah it’s way way faster than any type of removable storage.

1 Like

I’ve seen a few comments regarding difficulty in managing a collection on installed SSDs however i don’t see that as being a problem.

1 Like

Yeah, its like a slight pain but nothing worth worrying too much about.