SC6000 SERIOUS tempo bug

This has been happening to me for about 2 or 3 months i’ve noticed, hopefully it’s something to do with firmware and not a physical issue -

Problem : I’ll be in the middle of a set with Sync OFF on both players, connected via SPDIF to an X1850 + ethernet on all. Maybe I used sync at some point earlier but it’s now OFF on both players.
I mix in a new track with a very different BPM from the currently playing one and gradually mix the old tune out. When i hit PLAY to stop the outgoing song, the new track on the other player immediately snaps to the tempo of the outgoing song, even though it’s now stopped.
Adjusting the pitch fader on the current track seems to snap the player back to the appropriate tempo, but this bug absolutely ruins a mix or live performance.

See this video (at 01:36:30) for a very clear example - DEC 06 2022 Livestream // MR ANDERSON // deep house, techno, cosmic jazz, and soul #60fps visuals - YouTube

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

I’m no expert on sync, in fact I have little clue as to how it works. But aren’t you meant to slide the pitch fader back to ‘zero’ after turning sync off in order to take manual control over the pitch again? (There should be some arrow lights next to the pitch and one will be lit up)

I haven’t noticed a need to do that, ever. I don’t think this bug is necessarily even tied directly to the sync function, i believe it can happen when I haven’t used Sync at all during the session.

In the case of the video i referenced, i had used sync on one track much earlier in the session and it had been disabled for at least 30 mins with many tempo adjustments on each player after that point

Are all the other tracks similar BPM then this one is vastly different? That could be related. Are those arrow lights all off too? The ones near the pitch.

Another thing could be to turn the ‘master’ off which I think is shift and sync possibly, let me check the button layout and get back to you.

Edit: I checked, that master button next to sync when lit, tells the system which track is the ‘master’. Is it possible one of those is still lit?