Sc6000 serato support

So I bought 2 sc5000 and a 6000m and 2 x1850’s.

I plan on using the sc6000 and and x1850 as a mobile setup-but would need serato support or traktor, or algorithm dj or rekordbox (lol) or maybe a cpu equivalent to these of prime software.

Considering the 6000’s were anounced close to a year ago at this point and stated to have serato integration- Where is it? Pioneer releases s11 well after and its supported?

2 Likes

We wait

:sunglasses:

https://community.enginedj.com/t/sc6000-and-6000m-to-work-with-serato-in-controller-mode-feature-request/27059?u=mufasa

1 Like

They’ve had VirtualDJ support since August.

I plan on using the sc6000 and and x1850 as a mobile setup-but would need serato support or traktor, or algorithm dj or rekordbox (lol) or maybe a cpu equivalent to these of prime software.

I wouldn’t count on Rekordbox happening. Focus on Serato and Virutal DJ.

Where is it? Pioneer releases s11 well after and its supported?

You’re comparing a mixer with a media player. And a mixer that was meant to work with Serato from the start. Where as the SC6000 is an OS of its own and Serato is more of an extra. Pioneer DJ are very good at what they do to keep waiting times between announcement and release as short as possible.

I am well aware about VDJ-unfortunately though I gave it a go when it came out-and its rich in features with excelent integration with the denon players-but the algorithm vdj uses for scratching sounds terrible IMO. Additionally, I play with other dj’s fairly often-and almost all of them use serato.

1 Like

Good enough for Q*Bert though.

Valid point. But I have met him and that aside-he has used most of the big software at somepoint. I dont see any scratch or battle djs using it. And that aside, have a listen for yourself. Put one deck on VDJ and load same track on the denon deck or in serato.

TBT-I have been thinking about forgoing a pro level scratch algorithm bc all the other features.

Some of the guys taking part in the recent DMC contest were VDJ users.

1 Like

I like Serato and still use it with my controller, but I struggle to rationalise gear designed not to be used with a laptop being used with a laptop, having had a good 3 or so months using just my 6000s even when Denon do get round to adding the Serato support i doubt i will use it as it would not be smart on Denon’s part to add 3rd party software that is better than their own software intended for the very hardware. The version of Serato that will be available on the 6000s will likely be worse then using Serato with a controller but that is just my view.

So I gave it another go and it (the scratch algorithm )didnt seem so bad-but when trying to connect to my i9 macbook pro, 2sc5000 and sc6000m it was uber glitchy! The UI on the players seemed to break. ANd yes I updated firmware and downloaded skins