SC6000 Screen Freeze

Hi all,

Returning from an outdoor/camping weekend gathering where one of the SC6000 units froze once over the course of two days. Players were running roughly 10 hours each day/night. The unit in question screen froze approximately 4-5 hours in.

It was getting a bit chilly one of the evenings, perhaps 13 celsius. Screen freeze was not (I believe) caused by the previously documented “scroll bar” freeze use, whereby using the scroll bar on the right hand side of the touch screen may represent a hardware fault.

It seems as though it froze after I had rapidly loaded and unloaded files while searching for something to mix in.

Maybe a cold temperature issue? However Low teens for weather isn’t that cold.

Screen became non-responsive to touch input, however files could be navigated using the knob for scrolling. Once loaded, waveform would move on playback, however touch input to scan through the waveform would not register.

Files were being read from an internal 1TB Samsung SSD. I believe the unit with issues was the linked unit.

A simple reboot fixes the problem and it did not happen again.

I am on the previous firmware version to the current one (the version before daylight mode).

Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks

I had this repeatedly on one of my SC6000’s, sent it in for repair, Denon swapped the screen, worked fine since.

I also experienced this once on a friends SC6000M, didn’t happen again, no action taken…