Sc5000 and serato

Hey guys, new to the forum and looking for help. Ive recently purchased 2 x sc5000s and im trying to connect both to serato. I have serato pro and dvs unlocked with my reloop elite mixer. I can access serato with 1 player and play using layer but unable to do anything with the other player. Ive searched the forum the best i can but cant find the answers im needing. Cheers in advance.

Do you have both connected to the Laptop with USB cables?

When you dire them up the performance pads should flash to ask you which deck you want to assign it to, the first one being deck one, second one being deck 2 etc.

Only 1 unit gets to that point. I select player number and it layers up whilst other unit doesnt allow me to pick player number.

The only thing I can suggest is to download the quick start guide from the following page… I dont own an SC unfortunately so not my area of expertise.

I guess you are using the mixer’s usb hub? Try not connecting through it.

This player won’t work through the elite or any usb port on pc, the other one works fine. Serato recognises the player is there but it just wont go past the deck selection screen.

Is the latest firmware on both units?

Try using the usb to link one player to another, then connect the one player to computer direct.

Start Serato first

Then power on mixer

Switch to controller mode on the first 5000. Wait till you see the yellow banner indicating it’s detected in serato.

Choose 1

Do the same for the second player, keep an eye on the banner when it shows and goes away, choose 2.

If that does not work then it Could be a coding bug with that combination of hardware in Serato DJ

Submit a help request to Serato as well.

I encountered a different problem with the Rane 72mk1 mixer with the 5000 with Serato. I just couldn’t get it to work properly. I think the screens midi was clashing with the 5000 midi.

1 Like

All the latest updates, have been advised to roll back a couple of versions and see if that helps.

Ill try this tonight and see what happens, cheers.

1 Like

None of the above has worked. Player still wont go past deck selection screen.

Email support@serato.con

1 Like

Waiting for reply, thanks.

An update to this issue. Turns out its an issue with the unit and seller agreed a full refund as theydidnt want to spend to fix it. So theyve been handed back. Awaiting delivery or a pioneer flx10 instead now. Cheers for everyone’s input.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.