SC2900 jog wheel not working

Product: SC2900

Engine OS Version: NA

Steps to Reproduce: NA, my other SC2900 has never had this problem

Reproducibility: permanent issue

Other Relevant Configuration Info: Issue persists regardless of what media device is being used.

Operating System & Version (if applicable): Has had the latest firmware update (2014 if I remember correctly)

The jog wheel on touch stops the track as if the pause button has been pressed. On release, it is as if the play button has been pressed. This is expected behaviour, but it is all that the jog wheel is able to do - moving the jog wheel does nothing - cannot scratch, can not push the track along, cannot cue vinyl style, or anything. This is the case in both vinyl and non-vinyl mode.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. The cdj is brand new, with firmware updated to the latest provided on the Denon website. thank you.

SC2900 is a legacy product. This bug reports subforum is more meant for the Prime series media players.

As for your specific issue, it sounds like a hardware issue so your best bet is see if you can get the unit serviced. You might struggle with that though because it’s legacy/discontinued.

Cheers for the reply - didn’t see the legacy subforum since ‘media players’ seemed to fit the bill. I’ll see if anywhere will have a look at it for me. It definitely does seem like a hardware issue from the job wheel as everything else works as it should.

If any Denon staff are reading this I wonder if you have any jog wheel replacements for sc2900s in the back of some warehouse…? wishful thinking!

Moved this to legacy players