SC players Midi channels

Hello Denon family, Does anyone know is there a possibility to change the midi channel on the SC5000/6000’s? It would be helpfull in further development of my Traktor MIDI Mapping for SC series of players.

SC5000 by Noise Riser 1.2.5.tsi (646.3 KB)

On a Mac if you can can see both your Sc5/6k decks in the audio midi settings then you can have both work independently in traktor. It does take a little bit of a ritual ever time you start up though and some tweaks to your mapping concerning deck focus.

I made that mapping, so I know how it goes. But as I said, I want to change the midi channel that SC5000/6000 is operating on. So it needs to be set on the hardware. Not virtually in the software.

As it stands right now are you able to use both decks with Traktor with dual layer control? Btw I did look at your mapping :smirk:

No, because of the limitations of the modifiers and a single channel control on the players. If we could change the midi channel it would open us a way more options. If You have any suggestions and ideas, I am open for cooperation.

Here is what I remember.

In the controller manager when you look at the controllers you will see both your decks (same name twice). The first prime deck on the list is the second deck that you plugged (or switched to controller mode) into your laptop and the prime deck below is the first one you plugged into your laptop.

All I had to do is to find out which deck is accepting the first copy of the mapping. If it’s controlling the deck on the left side I’ll leave it’s focus to deck A. Then I just copy the mapping and set the in/out ports to the other prime deck on the list and set the focus to deck B.

Now for dual layers.

You can do the same copy and assign deck c&d focus because traktor allows to create the page changer buy assigning a modifier to the copies of the duplicate mappings.

When you assign a change layer functions you gotta be able to change the status of the leds to reflect what’s happing on the layer you just switched to.

That means a lot of commands will have to be assigned just to one button. I’m thinking at least 8 are needed to build the switcher per deck.

If you were able to switch midi channels on the decks you will still need to make the switch to have dual layers.

This is all from memory. A good thing to do would be is to pick a controller mapping (a cheap controller that does not have too many controls) that has dual layers and look the mapping to see how the dual layer is programmed. When you find the mapping commands erase everything else. Use midi learn to assign all the mappings to the button on your deck then set up deck focus and the in/out ports to the appropriate prime decks.

I’ll probably look into more this weekend.

If You would really check my mapping You would notice all this is already there. I implemented 4 decks for single player or single deck per player in the way that mapping needs to be added for each player/deck config. Now my aim is a totally different approach. For more complexity a layer change is needed so every 4 decks in the system can be independently assigned to all 4 traktor decks and change independently from each other. So any time Your player 1 can become deck A or B, player 3 can be deck 4 and 1, player 2 could run all 4 decks or serve as a effect unit as a sublayer. This is possible only when we can change channels. Because there is not enough modifiers.

I did check your mapping and it is good. Thank you. See if you can spot what I did :smirk:

Sc5000 play tweak.tsi (1.3 MB)

I think you can do what you ask already it’s just the work is too much in my opinion.

Ok, will check it out today in the evening