Sc Live 4 wireless microphone interference

Hi everyone!

I have a problem with my setup & wondered if it was normal.

I have a SC Live 4 controller & love it!

I use it in a flight case, along with my wireless microphone system (AKG Mini) reciever mounted next to my SC Live 4.

When I turn on my Denon, the mic reciever pics up lots of interference from it.

I have got another AKG Mini system which I tried & exactly the same thing happens.

I also have another make of DJ controller mounted exactly the same in a flight case, with my AKG Mini reciever next to it with no issue at all.

Does anyone know if my SC Live 4 faulty, or is that how it is?

Does anyone else use wireless mics next to the SC4 without a problem? If so, which mics?

Moving the mic reciever around near each platter is where it is worst - it is un-useable as it is.

The picture is of a brand new AKG with no mics on ect!

Thanks for any advise, Jason

First of all, you placed the microphone receiver in the worst spot, you could ever think of. There are speakers just next to it. That means, there will be a lot of electromagnetic interference from the speaker coils. Move that station out of there, and all will be fine. The reason why other station works, and that one not is in the shielding of the receiver. Other one has better shielding, the speakers there still produce the same interference.

3 Likes

Hi Noiseriser, thanks for your response.

I did wonder about the speakers & tried turning them on and off, but I realise they have permanent magnets in them.

The other reciever I mentioned before was the same make ect, but in a flightcase with a different controller (with no internal speakers).

It is weird how there’s zero interference in this position when the SC 4 isn’t turned on though, so must be more than the speaker magnets.

I’ll have to think of another tidy way to have my wireless mic setup.

Cheers, Jason

1 Like

I use a two-mic wireless Gemini-brand unit into back of SC Live 4. No interference. My speakers spatially separated from unit. And the mic unit about 3 feet from Denon unit and inside DJ pop-up stand-shelf so also some solid structure between mic unit and SC Live 4.

Thanks DJ Sparky!

It seems I was lucky with my other set up to not get any interference.

I bonded into position my mic reciever, my SoundSwitch mk1 interface, a quality usb hub, 2 mains adapters and all the cabling & my DJ controller into my flight case, with no problem! I can plug in a IEC lead to power everthing, 2 XLR speaker cables & a DMX cable, thats it - and I wanted to do the same with my Denon SC live 4 set up.

Cheers, Jason