Sc live 4 - pushing top of platter doesn't stop song

Currently Djing live at a private party, on the right hand deck touching the top of the platter doesn’t stop the track or let me “move” the song. Left deck functions normally.

Is this thing broken already. Jesus christ.

Sounds suspiciously like the grounding issue I had, if you’re able to reboot the device and use it in CDJ mode rather than vinyl mode… then it’ll likely need a repair.

It’s pretty much the whole reason I run my Prime 2 through a sub mixer now, I’m case I have to reboot.

1 Like

I’m sure you’ve already checked this but is it in vinyl mode?

If its just speeding up the track slightly but not moving the needle then you need to activate vinyl mode.

@Digital_Bob - this was it! the Vinyl light was on, but turning it off, then back on seemed to “reactivate it” back to vinyl mode.

Another bug to add like the lights not coming on soemtimes I guess. Thanks, have a gig again on Sat!

@STU-C - it’s a good idea, I’ve already started using my soundcraft-ui as a submixer as it can play emergency mp3s off straight off a usb (due to twice having to reboot during a gig - so far!)

1 Like

Another bug to add like the lights not coming on sometimes I guess.

Aye, this is a common issue on the Live units which still hasn’t been addressed yet (if it can be fixed at all, still waiting for some ‘official’ statement). Luckily, it doesn’t happen very often and can be fixed with a quick reboot.

Can’t talk much about the platters, I once had a serious issue with the left deck where even pitch bending stopped working, but this only happened once, very early this year. I mostly work in CDJ-mode and have zero issues here.

A recent semi-planned torture test: A full 7hr outdoor set until late night, when it got quite chilly (9°C) and I even didn’t use the original power supply but a much weaker 1,5A ≈ 18W one. Zero issues. The Live 4 may be made of plastic, but it still keeps going when things get very serious - kudos. The icing on the cake would be a power buffering super-capacitor, just like the Prime units have.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.