SC Live 4 overworking?

I’ve had no problems with my sc live 4 , but I did boot and update my prime 2 to 3.0 to find the leds lights not working properly till I click them all - by 1

Same issue again yesterday with FW 3.1. Power cycling solved the issue, at least. Overall the OS runs very reliable overall, did some 5-7hrs sets without any issue, and the initial waveform bugs also have been solved - thumbs up for that. But the mere fact that the issue with the LED at boot-up is still not acknowledged, let alone solved, irritates me.

1 Like

This would be my suspicion too

It seems the original thread, about loading a fourth song when three songs are already playing, has been hijacked with an LED / power up query.

Mods? Time for a post-split perhaps, before a third topic gets hatched in the original thread ? Especially as some of the things mentioned in the hijack have since been firmware resolved

I have the same problem with the LEDs not lighting up. No matter which firmware, even with the latest 3.1.1 firmware. Resetting to factory settings has also brought no improvement. In addition, during the last event I had the problem that all buttons next to the display (View, Menu, Load, Back, Fwd, Browse Know) suddenly stopped working. I had to restart the device in the middle of the event. That simply shouldn’t happen to a device in this price range. It is not a high-end device, but also not a cheap entry-level device for home where such errors are forgivable. Not to mention the extremely poor WiFi module with very weak signal strength and very slow download of songs, even when the WiFi router is next to the SC Live 4. (Yes, my internet connection is more than fast enough).

Don’t get me wrong, I love the device for its functions and innovative features. But all these negative things have now made me return the device to the dealer. If I get an exchange unit I will give the SC Live 4 another chance. But if it has the same problems again, I will look for other manufacturers and their products. It would be a pity, because it is actually the perfect device for my requirements.

The last 10 years I had a cheap <500€ controller with Traktor Pro and had not once such problems.

Please Denon, focus more on stable devices and software and less on new features.

Sorry for the long post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just a quick update. The ‘LEDs not lighting up issue’ still persists in v3.3

For the first time it happened twice in a row on my unit, only the third reboot solved it. All LEDs remained off, minus the main LCD screen, the jog screen background illumination and the four Sweep EFX LEDs (since one of the filter knobs was in an off-center position). May we finally get some official statement if this is fixable at all, or more like of a hardware design issue? It’s nothing too concerning since it doesn’t affect performance / playback once the reboot is successful, just annoying considering the ≈30sec boot up time. And I’d like to have some clarity here. Thanks!

2 Likes

The Denon guys seem active in a thread about different coloured waveforms but still waiting to hear a response from any of them about this LED problem we’re all still getting. Are they working on it? Is it hardware/board issue that can’t be fixed? Any response or aknowledgement of the issue would be good!

1 Like