Sc Live 4 expansion for scratching

Hi there,

I’m owning a SC Live 4 and I’m absolutely loving it. I would like to get into scratching more though. I read it’s not possible to connect any turntables, but that it is possible to connect a LC6000 since it’s via USB. I would love a motorized platter though, so does anyone know you can attach a Rane twelve maybe? Or Denon DN-S3700?

Thanks!!

You can’t connect those players by usb, unfortunately

LC6000 is the only way forward if you are wanting to just use the SC Live. If you use Serato or VDJ with it, that then opens up the possibilities of having other hardware options.

The biggest issue I see is the crossfader. As someone that does scratch, the fader in the SC Live is pretty poor. The cut in is too high to be useful, even on its sharpest setting. There’s no way to change the fader easily either as it’s soldered in.

I’ve ended up just buying an Omni portablist table that I can use timecode with in Serato (and have the ability to play actual vinly :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Im a firm believer of Scratch DJs getting the right tool for the job and i think a good battle mixer (or controller with that style layout) is the only proper option for that workflow. Something like the Numark Scratch is a fantastic budget battle mixer paired with some cheap turntables or as you say a pair of LC-6000s.

Unfortunately a lot of these all in one units are designed with dance music mixing in mind so they have the higher resistance on the up-faders and unsuitable crossfaders installed.