SC Live 4 Crossfader Issue

Hi all,

I’m having an issue with the crosssfader. When it is fully to the right, any slight little nudge and I can hear the track playing on Deck 1. I don’t mean moving it to the left slightly, and this is unrelated to the fader curves, I mean just even holding it in your fingers and I get some crackle with the audio from Deck 1 bleeding through.

Only had the SC Live 4 from May 23 with fairly minimal home use. Surely the Crossfader can’t be needing replacement (albeit it’s non user replaceable) after this short time??

Any advice on what to do please, or has anyone else experienced this? At 8 months old and £1200, this is not good at all!

Is this a warranty issue?

Thanks in advance

Euan

Sounds like one to me.

Record a video of the issue before sending it in. You don’t want to be going in circles …”we couldn’t reproduce it”

1 Like

Your same problem occurs many times on the Prime 4 crossfader. If this post can be adapted to your Live 4, I solved it like this:

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately, the Live 4 does not have the option to remove the Crossfader with the 2 screws, it is a fixed unit.

I remember hearing of people having a similar problem back in the day with standard mixers, and would remove the crossfader and use some electrical contact spray on the tracks and this would solve the issue, however this is definitely not something I would even attempt, especially that the unit is still under warranty. This would be guaranteed to invalidate the warranty.

Can’t believe after a short time with minimal use, this should be happening. If this had heavy use in a club, being used by multiple DJ’s, it would be slightly understandable, but not for a home user, and not at this price point!

I am awaiting a reply from their support team regarding warranty options, and will update here on the progress.

Thanks again guys

You should be contacting the store. They will arrange the repairs. Has that rule changed?

I have just contacted the store where I purchased, and they are going to arrange the return for me.

Many thanks

1 Like