Ripped iTunes tracks to SSD

Hi all, I am new here and new to Engine Prime 4 so please forgive me if my questions have been answered elsewhere or seem basic.

I am moving to this new all in one Prime 4 unit from my dated laptop (previously using Virtual DJ on Windows 10 and separate mixer.) I have installed an SSD and was hoping to move my iTunes library (I have a huge library of ripped CDs saved as iTunes AAC files) to the SSD, so that I could use these tracks directly. Can this be done?

I have tried google and YouTube but cannot seem to find whether this is possible and if so, if there is an ‘idiots guide’, step-by-step walk through of the process. I had hoped to have figured this out myself by now but as a last resort, at the risk of looking stupid, I thought someone in this community might be kind enough as to give some guidance on this.

Would I be able to ditch the laptop and have access to my ripped iTunes tracks via the Prime 4 SSD? Will I always need a Wi-Fi connection? Thanking you in anticipation for your time and understanding.

Hello and welcome to the forum :blush:

i am not a Prime 4 user, but there is a video by Denon DJ on Youtube which may be helpful:

According to this support page, there should not be a problem with the AAC file format:

The PRIME 4 and accompanying Engine Prime software support the following audio formats:

• MP3 32 kbit/s - 320 kbit/s + VBR
  • M4A / AAC
  • MP4
  • OGG Vorbis
  • WAV 16-32 bit, 44.1k - 192k
  • AIFF 16-32 bit, 44.1k - 192k
  • FLAC
  • ALAC

I hope that this was helpful. Have a nice time! :blush: :watermelon:

4 Likes