[RESOLVED] Deck 2 Platter Locked (no playback) After Updating to v1.5.2

I thought I had this problem too, however it turns out that If you play a song from a crate, you can’t play it again. Playlist not a problem.

Thanks this seems where the bug is happening. Have the same issue with playlist.

Brand new unit and has happened to me a few times. There is no common behavior I can find that makes this happen but I have to restart the unit each time to unfreeze the deck. (always deck 2) Very disappointing as I don’t trust the unit to use in a performance capacity.

1 Like

So as one person says “playlist not a problem” and another says “same issue with playlist” , does that mean that playlists are not really a deciding factor with this?

My Prime Go just came in with 1.4.1 software, but I’m debating whether to update or not since we don’t have access to previous firmware versions. Was the Deck 2 freezing issue due to the update (1.5.2)? or was it a crate feature so you don’t play the same song twice?

1 Like

do not update!!!

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to chime in to provide a bit of hope here. We’re currently testing platter touch improvements for the PRIME GO with our private beta team. So far have seen positive results from this and will make everyone aware once we release publicly. We expect these improvements to be part of the next (v1.6) release.

Also, it’s worth mentioning that all of our capacitive touch platters go through a calibration cycle during the power on/boot-up sequence. During this calibration period (~20sec), it is recommended not to touch the platters as they are detecting/sensing various conditions of the environment and adjusting the touch algorithm as needed to provide the best experience for your environment. I’m not suggesting this is what is causing the issue, just something to be mindful of.

2 Likes

hi jwill, in the instructions is indicated?

We cross fingers! Thanks and Happy Christmas!

I noticed that if we change in Utility, the “Nudge Sensitivity” setting to Low or Mid, High or Max, the problem can be very easily reproduced and it will be present only on the right deck. On the Denon forum they say that when you turn on the Prime Go, you must not touch the jog wheels during the first 20 seconds when starting up, to allow time for them to perform a calibration. However, I am 99% sure that nobody manipulates the jog wheels when starting the Prime Go.

Maybe the nudge sensitivity does not need to be set to Max or high … but to Low or Mid then you will have to restart the Prime Go.

The Nudge Sensitivity function may have a very different behavior from one medium to another “External SSD, SD card or USB key” and depending on its setting ???

Hi @DjMell26 - thanks for the feedback.

Are you saying you can cause the platter to lockup just by changing the setting or that a particular setting causes the behavior to occur more frequently? If a particular setting, which one?

I’m not sure what you’re trying to show in the image (aside from the preference) but a video would be more helpful I think.

This can also happen inadvertently with a forearm while reaching over the unit to press the power button. As I said, it’s something to be mindful of.

Hello JWill, indeed the photo I put is there to show where the “Nudge Sensitivity” function is located!

Got it! Can you help to answer my first question?

Are you saying you can cause the platter to lockup just by changing the setting or that a particular setting causes the behavior to occur more frequently? If a particular setting, which one?

Sorry !

Yes, I could see different behavior on 2 SD Cards, a micro SD Evo + Samsung U1 XC1 “64go” (Music 57 go) and a micro SD Transcend High Performance U3 XC1 A2 V30 “128go” (Music 78go), I manage to reproduce the problem more easily on the Samsung only by changing the setting of the Nudge Sensitivity mode from high to Mid or Low, the play on the right side will no longer work after 5/6 songs and even see the change of mode so from the first music. But it will remain a random problem! but easily reproducible!

However on the Transcend … the problem will also be present! but after 45 minutes or even 1h15 see 2h30 of use of Prime Go.

The 2 micro SD cards are new and formatted in ExFat since the capacity is greater than 16go.

Thanks for the additional details. As I mentioned previously, I believe we have identified the issue (firmware) and resolved it in the upcoming 1.6 version. This is being actively tested with our private beta team at the moment but we will announce/release publicly once it is ready.

In the meantime, I would like to see if downgrading to the shipping firmware (v1.4.1) resolves the platter issue.

Downgrade to v1.4.1 Instructions

1. Download v1.4.1 update zip file HERE.
  2. Unzip the image (.img) file.
  3. Transfer the image (not the zipped version) to the root of your USB/SD.
  4. Insert the USB/SD media into PRIME GO.
  5. Open Utility menu, and choose REBOOT under the Update Firmware option at the bottom.
  6. You should see a message that says “Version 1.4.1 available for update…”.
  7. Tap YES.

Hopefully this temporary solution keeps you mixing until 1.6 is available.

Let me know if this works for you guys.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the problem was present on 1.4.1 “namely that at the beginning I was using the Samsung micro SD card”! I went to version 1.5.2 but ditto (I would have thought that the problem is solved in this version), no doubt … I therefore bought a new micro SD card the famous “Transcend High Performance” and this was much better! I thought the problem was finally solved and unfortunately after almost 2 hours of use I couldn’t use the Play button on the right deck. I was really disgusted! I strongly believe in the work of the Denon team and I think that if it had not been for the COVID pandemic, the version of the Os Engine could have been corrected for a little while. Unfortunately this COVID P **** N is boycotting everything (the world is idling). I have been a dj since 1995 and I was a former Pro Pioneer from 1995 to 2015 and since then I have been very fond of Denon DJ products.

1 Like

Hi @DjMell26 - Sorry to hear that. A number of users reported that they did not experience the issue on 1.4.1 but did after updating to 1.5.2. That is why I have posted this in hope that it is helpful.

Yes, COVID has presented challenges and disruptions to various industries but hopefully the situation starts to turn around in 2021. Thanks again for all your support!

1 Like

Hey man can you tell us about when the 1.6 is expected?

After rolling back to version 1.4, no problems were temporarily detected

How did you roll back? The 1.4 firmware is not downloadable on Denon website…

Read this topic again. About 22 days back on the timeline. :relieved:

^^