REQUEST Missing tracks filter

There is no option to filter missing tracks in in the engine library. Now you must manually scroll through the whole colletion and find missing tracks (RED),

Can you please add a button somewhere to find all missing tracks?

If so, maybe also implement a relocate option.

Thanks in advance

5 Likes

Yep agree, this is something very basic and needs to be implemented

There is a feature request for missing tracks. Your can vote for it.

Relocate Missing Tracks - Engine DJ (Desktop)

2 Likes

@s.fresh I think it might be worth it for the team to look into the option of adding an extra column with File missing yes/no , while the bigger request is under development as interim solution/workaround

@addie jep, so many user here in this thread has good and simple idea for implement this feature since nov 2021. But we only can pray.

We’ve been asking for this feature for 5 years…I think everyone gave up requesting it.

5 Likes

found this issue today and totally surprised its missing.

Often missing tracks are due to the user moving/renaming files or folders. If that is what occurred and it is only a folder or few files you could rename them to what they were and get those tracks back. You could also edit the filename and path fields in the underlying SQLite database (m.db). I’ve done that with some apprehension that I might not know all the interconnections.

If you’re in a jam, there is paid software for a potential fix. ATGR Denon Conversion Utility (one time fee) (Denon Conversion Utility (DeCU) for macOS - And The Groove Remains Production Team). Someone else on here might know if Lexicon (https://www.lexicondj.com/) will do that also.

You can actually find the missing tracks with Lexicon and you don’t need to pay anything, you can do this one for free.

Just import your Engine library and create a new smartlist with the rule Is file missing and you’ll get all your missing tracks. You can save the list as a file by right clicking the smartlist → Share → Save as File.

1 Like