relocate music does not work in my Mac with Monterrey

Hi to every people. I have the engine’s library and my music on an external hard drive, and after of renamed and change any folder with music or move in other directory on the disk, it shows them in red in the playlist, and I try to relocate all of them and it doesn’t relocate any of them. Any help please? Oscar

I have the same problem

The way I use it is to delete all the tracks in red, go to the folder that contains the same songs and drag them back to the desktop engine (inside the folder where the songs in red were).

Remember: any change you make to your library on your computer or external storage will cause this problem, one comma you change, songs in red.

1 Like

Ok, thanks Elias, but why does the relocate function not work, why they have implemented it?

I don’t know how to answer you, it never worked for me, I believe the team of developers is working on it and soon we will have updated software, the function is excellent, it is available in Serato and it works very well, but unfortunately not in Engine.

Here is a link to the downloads and manuals for both desktop and OS. It explains the rules around manual and auto relocate and what might be stopping them from working.

Desktop and OS Downloads + Manuals | Engine DJ

Good morning @STU-C , I have already carried out “the procedures” hundreds of times following exactly what is described in the manual, it never worked for me, quite the opposite, when I try to relocate automatically, nothing relocates, when I try to relocate one by one, The system always indicates that there has been a modification to the file (I can assure you that there has not been any), and I have already run several tests and never managed to do so.

1 Like

Sorry man, that was aimed at the other guy to try out, id already imagined you had tried the steps.

I haven’t had any missing files for years so i can’t test it myself to see if its working, outside of purposefully relocating stuff to make it happen.

1 Like

I understand, but I can tell you that the tool does not work as it should, especially in the automatic search, in the manual search it works poorly, it finds the file with exactly the same characteristics but it always opens a dialog box saying that the file is different from what we are looking, today I also no longer have red bands, but I suffered a lot with this and I see people here in the community with this problem every day, I hope that very soon, the desktop engine software will be reformulated, correcting all of this.

1 Like