Rekordbox USB import on Denon Players (SC6000 In Particular)

Hi All,

I guess because I am a new forum member I am unable to post this as a feature request.

After having a pair of SC6000 for half a year and putting them through their paces during a busy outdoor summer season, I’ve been quite impressed with the players ability to get Rekordbox DJs into the units and on the go.

However, occasionally the import of rekordbox USBs is quite slow and the unit cannot be used while the process is ongoing.

It would be fantastic if the rekordbox import could be coded such that it runs in the background while the units are being used. Even better if the multiple USB ports could be importing multiple rekbordbox sticks at the same time. It greatly helps DJ changeover.

I am quite impressed with how well EDJ handles rekordbox. The reality is that most DJs are loathe to use one DJ software (rekordbox being the industry titan) because of all its quirks, bugs and general UI/UX failures. Let alone maintaining libraries on two.

Being able to stick your rekordbox USB in the back port of the SC series and let it chug away while the DJ before you goes through their set would make for a nearly perfect workflow.

1 Like

I like this idea, although there’s a certain consideration that giving one player more than one usb stick to process, could make the processing of each stick slower than if it was allowed to just get on with processing one stick at a time.

Alternatively, if it’s going to be a regular occurrence then it might be better to have a laptop nearby with Engine DJ installed, or use Lexicon DJ software to convert cue points etc from rekordbox libraries to Engine

1 Like

Still, a very good observation by the TS:

Image coming to a gig with your Rekordbox USB stick, only to discover the rental company has been so bold to provide Denons: “they should read Rekordbox anyway!”.

You will be very crossed when you plug your stick into the deck 5 minutes before your set, only to discover it will be another 20 minutes before you are ready to play…

I mean, back in the vinyl/CD age you had to play with whatever gear provided. There should be no reason that CDJ’s or SC6000’s are mandatory, except for the ability to read your library (ie, back in the day my CD case was compatible with all CD players). Engine taking a long time to import a Rekordbox library is inhibiting for rental firms to start investing in Denon gear to replace their CDJs (and believe me: they are complaining about Pioneer pricing too!)

Of course, CPU limitations apply. But software like Traktor could already multitask on my first white intel macbook….

I advise the OP to make feature request in the proper forum however :wink:

1 Like