Rekordbox to Engine DJ hot cues

Does anyone know in what order I need to get Rekordbox hot cues to Engine DJ?

I have analyzed all my music in engine and rekordbox, added hot cues in MIK, imported XML in rekordbox and then transferred to engine but no hotcues show.

I do have the correct settings as I done it the otherday but it isn’t working now.

If a track has already been added to engine collection, you will be unable to update it with rekordbox hotcues.

Workaround

1. Remove track from engine collection
  2. Reimport the rekordbox xml
1 Like

I have removed all my music from Engine and tried importing from xml but no hot cues show.

Are you happy to start with a new Denon database?

• Close Engine DJ, go to C/Music and Root of any other internal or external drives/partitions that contain music

• Rename the folder “engine library” to something else eg “engine library safe”

• Now start up Engine DJ, it should be empty.

• Now reimport your rekordbox xml

I have a backup of my current denon database.

I have analyzed music in engine/rekordbox, Added hotcues in MIK, Exported music as XML in rekordbox, Imported Music as XML in Engine.

Hotcues still not showing.

Thanks for your help. Finally got it working this way.

Aii

Here is a link to a feature request

https://community.enginedj.com/t/update-existing-playlist-engine-dj-desktop/36820?u=mufasa

Vote

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with MIK and Traktor and Traktor cue points are not imported. The problem seems to be that I have both iTunes (used for playlist management) and Traktor library (used for cue points) sync enabled on EngineDJ and then the cue point information is not synced from Traktor. Everything works when I disable itunes library sync on enginej and sync somgs only from Traktor. You might want to check if you have a similar case.

Didn’t have this problem preiously and this appeared maybe two months ago around enginedj version 3.2.0 release.

I’ve raised this as a ticket to Denon support, but needless to say that they haven’t even reacted to this in two weeks. What a joke of a support team.