RekordBox Memory Cues, Loops & Auto Loops

Yes I am aware of that thanks. This is an old thread and my first. I’m more than aware of everything on here now and the constant BS.

Woopi-Do

Stop?

No and I’ve made my self clear more than enough thanks

Yeah, I’m 6 pal. Problem?

And for beat countdown or Auto Loops ? Because all P51 does is explain basic CUE.

What you FAILED to show everyone is pages 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 and 57 then go on to explain CUE for Loops.

Funny how you failed to mention that eh … :joy:

Seriously, I am done with Denon. I’ve seen enough on here the last 6 months and enough over the last 5 years with the hardware/software. Denon will never compete with Pioneer/RekordBox anytime soon, and muppets on here will be happy to play second fiddle and punch down on any DJ requesting a popular feature considered Pioneer.

I’ve nothing more to say.

BYE

@Admin please delete this account.

No, I like his works lol :joy:. I even gave him likes when he threatens to mute me and even gave him likes for his taste in pictures. I love this guy :joy:

Denon in the 2.0 update gave the option to import mem cue data. The op is slowly getting his feature request implemented.

Apart from Denon none of the other DJ software or any other brand is willing touch upon the pio mem cue system. If you are mixing 4 tracks at a time that are 7 min each long then this feature is a plus. But if you’re a reggae/dancehall dj where juggling is happening between 15-90 seconds, are setting mem cues even relevant? Even when having it available and doing it on cdjs?

2 Likes

@Crimson,

Unfortunately we can not delete accounts that have already posted. Based upon your inappropriate language and behavior not only in previous posts but also in your user profile, we have instead decided to suspend the account. I hope this is sufficient to your purposes.

8 Likes

I can’t believe people get so bent out of shape of 3 piddly little features. Memory Cues are definitely not needed, with hot cues and loop cues, there is exactly the same number of memory locations as there are in Rekordbox (I decided to have a play last night to see what all the fuss was about - I know many on here use it already, but I’ve never felt the need, other than to export a USB).

The countdown to hot cue, I like that, definitely something that could/should be implemented, and no doubt is pretty easy to do. It’s not a game changer, seeing as you can zoom out and see the hot cue coming by 8 bars anyway, and also in the full wave view too, but I can get how it helps someone feel comforted when waiting for that mix point (not quite like trying to spot the dark groove on a 12” from the Technics light in a blackened club though, with it without it).

Jump to, as has already been stated here, why do you need to scroll through them when you can just press the hot cue and go straight to it?

Active loop - still can’t believe we haven’t got it, but you know what, it’s not the most difficult work a-round in the World.

Nothing that convinced me we need memory cues there anyway, thought some of the features of them would be welcome.

That’s me out anyway, done, finished…

What a d*** :joy::joy:

1 Like

Lol it’s cut and pasted from pg51 & 52 & 53

Use pioneer then.

Ever considered this can be pioneers trademark and no one is allowed to copy or mimick it hence it’s only on pio gear. Unless I’m wrong who else has the feature?

1 Like

It’s exclusive :shushing_face:

I like checking in on the pio forums once in awhile. And I found this

It seems that mem cues are a real big deal for their users.

In engine dj can’t you drop multiple beat markers now?

2 Likes

that’s what settings are for!!!

doset matter what some manual says, things are often used differently from the original intention.

Seems like a big overreaction to me :sweat_smile: Denon is implementing… just takes time.

Maybe I want the counter for my MemCues, but not for my Hotcues… that’s why its better to have them separated

You mean like using the new form of hotcue pads on most DJ controller and players and make them act like memory cues hahaha

No I mean MemCues being the predecessor of HotCues, but they weren’t really up to the task (due to no instant playback). Therefore people used them for beat counting and visual markers. and that’s what they are great for and I don’t need or want to waste one of my 8 HotCues for that.

It’s actually pretty simple: Just give us Autoloop functionality and that second bank of HotCues or a MemCue system, make it navigable by arrow keys as well and call it whatever you want. Everyone’s happy.

Use your loop cues instead then, CDJs don’t have both of them plus mem cues :wink:

still no beat counter… and also its even more clumsy than using memory cues on a CDJ ^^

I don’t think that’s exclusive to memory cues (as in there must be memory cues for this to happen), it could happen for hot cues, loop cues or both, dependent on a setting change (I’d like it for hot cues, not a game changer, it’s easy enough to zoom the waveform out and watch it come, but it would make life easier).

I’d say that’s subjective, I personally hate just about everything on CDJs, every experience with them has been awful (one night I couldn’t even touch the jog wheel without it bouncing around to different parts of the track), but that’s a different story.

Right now it is exclusive to memory cues on Pio gear. doesn’t have to be that way though… but it actually makes sense to have the counting markers/memcues seperated from the hotcues. how that’s established, I don’t care…

Well if you want to start mixing 16 Bars before a drop or something its not practical

Don’t get me wrong, its the same for me (why I own Denon Players now). I hate Pioneer for their mediocre and expensive ■■■■ gear and how they exploit the “market”. I hate a lot of things regarding CDJs as well (like the Loop system which actually is completely retarded and the buggy and stone-age software in general). But some things they got right ands that’s one of them…

1 Like

My only disagreement there is that you can still mix 16, 32, 64 bars before hand by knowing your music/knowing musical structures. You can (granted, not as exact as the beat counters would do it), gauge from the full visual strip where these are.

I do agree it would make life easier though, that’s not an argument about its merits, just saying it is still doable.

1 Like

Under that forum name anyway (again)

You’re totally right, but sometimes in the heat of the moment when you try to learn hybrid sets its really comforting when you don’t have to rely on that but have the fallback and security of the bar count to time everything just right :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like