RekordBox Memory Cues, Loops & Auto Loops

And if you actually understood how Mem Cue works fully within RekordBox instead of the outdated opinion you have, you’d realise it is all linked together.

Honestly I’m done on the matter because all you and two others on here want to do is disagree with the idea and punch down on it time and time again.

Just accept that MemCue is the club industry standard and regardless of whether you use it or not, others do and many want it within the Denon eco-system. If you can’t then move on from this thread and all the others asking for it that you attack each time.

Accept other DJ’s want features that you may not, it’s as simple as that - move on!

#LordGiveMeStrength

Well, I play very often on CDJ’s and I ise rekordbox to prepare the usb’s for it. I owned 4 setups of these decks (cdj2000nexus, nexus2) before going to prime system. I used memory cues, and I know how they work. I find hot cues more useful.

Memory cues are not the industry standard. Don’t make here false statements. Even jog wheels are not industry standard (you have different sizes, static and rotating, touch or button too, or some controllers have no jog wheels at all, and… omg, a turntable has no jog wheel, it’s a platter with vinyl on it…). But Hot cues are (present on every dj player and software, yes also reloop, numark, american audio, citronic, stanton and many more). Play and cue buttons are industry standard.

In other words - been there, done that. Denon is not pioneer and never will be.

4 Likes

Pioneer is the club industry standard FACT.

All modern CDJ’s use Mem Cue FACT.

Only a vinyl DJ’s can be the exception.

Don’t dare tell me that controller/software users are the club standard.

Why do you keep confusing Hot Cue’s for Mem Cue’s?

Carry on with your pathetic anti-mem cue/CDJ agenda all you wish because Denon hardware is best, and it’s software / OS is second to NON eh? No need to change anything or have other DJ’s request any features. It works for a minority on here, so why change a thing. #Perfection

Seriously I’m done. You’re on mute.

You completely miss the point of this conversation…

Same old story. Every DJ device on the planet doesn’t have (…and, doesn’t have to have) every feature that every other DJ device on the planet has on it.

Also, the words of advice also becoming more and more frequently used (thankfully); if a model doesn’t have a feature on it that you rely on, don’t buy that product.

3 Likes

I still don’t get it though, and I’m not trying to get into an argument with you about this, and I’m not being pro-Denon or anti-Pio. The post you link to doesn’t show why you are getting so bent out of shape about mem cues, so please explain, without stropping, what we are missing out on by not having them. This is my summary, so far, of what I’ve read on the 4 (or is it 5) threads about this:-

• Mem cues have a countdown, so you know it is coming (currently not possible on the Denons)
  • you can trigger a loop in advance (also not possible on Denons, but there’s no reason loop cues shouldn’t do this, it did, once, in a firmware update)
  • you can jump to a mem cue without starting the track from that point (possible on the Denons by changing settings)

Please add anything that I’ve missed (don’t point me to another post, or a manual, or the Internet), I’m all for things that can improve my DJing, if there’s a “skill” the Denons don’t have, then why the hell haven’t we?

5 Likes

When pioneer released the nexus v1 it only had 3 pads (buttons lol) for cues when mostly every other ecosystem were using 8 pad cues. So users had to get ‘creative’ with mem cues and hold it up like winning lottery ticket calling it industry standard. :joy: (it’s only standard if everyone else has it as standard too.)

Most of the big name artist for pioneer uses them for triggering loops and visual markers.

Most Traktor users use their hot cues like how pioneer users use mem cues. Auto cue, loop cue, drop, fade in fade out markers but without going ad hoc.

Most of us however use hot cues for the same thing. Something the campaigners don’t understand.

2 Likes

Facts;

• the feature has already been requested.
  • implementation (or not) of the feature is decided internally at Denondj/InMusic
  • 100 repeated complains by one or two users in public forum will not affect their decision.

Pro (free) tip of the day:

Ways to use time spent (lost) complaining about a missing/differently implemented feature:

• learn a skill that will compensate the “missing feature”
  • adapt your workflow

You’ll be a better DJ, and less boring.

5 Likes

Right, so all the more reason to request it for Denon.

Again all the more reason to request Mem Cue.

And by using that setting, you lose the ability to hot cue, so if you want to do both in one track you have to surf through menu settings. Not ideal whatsoever. So again, all the more reason to have Mem Cue for Denon.

PS. I’m here to try to make Denon better, not to compare who has the biggest club gear d*ck.

KaiThanxBai

2 Likes

Not all are confused.

Think about it for a sec. We all know you want to import your hard work you did in the pioneer ecosystem with the same workflow. Nobody is against that and denon has and is incrementally getting there.

Hot cues are exactly the same as mem cues.

You got to go through a multi step process to call up a single mem cue while having them on pads they are all there available at the same time. You’re gonna call that industry standard.

The only difference is access to them and the pioneer way of access them are 100% obsolete.

How’s firmware updating for your cdj3000’s going btw?

1 Like

I believe this has been requested

I requested this in 2017

So if you use hot cues, then press the hot cue and press stop, it’s not hard.

So, are you saying, that there is nothing else to add to what memory cues can do? It’s purely for these 3 things?

What are you, 6?

3 Likes

There is a trade off between pioneer and denon. I think in a couple of future updates more pioneerish features will be added to Engine dj.

When it’s finally ‘arrives’ I hope to see Engine Os used in non Denon brands. In a deck like this.

Gemini just add the plastic mem cue buttons and you’re good to go.

lol guys, one can be true, without the other being wrong… yes they are a relict of the past, no they aren’t useless.

probably a sad fact indeed ^^ but yeah we also could use a second bank of hotcues (16 in total) for the same purpose, call it what you want, but it would actually be useful to have points to jump to or make text marks, or whatever.

still give me 16 then…

when what arrives? ^^

The pioneerish features. You’re gonna see engine dj in non denon products soon.

@ everyone else. These arguments are pretty good. If Denon manages to implement this in a better and more convenient manner so I have to do a workaround – as we boring DJs apparently should do:

then so be it, but at least there’ll be a workaround whereas right now its just straight up impossible to use it as people are used to. If Denon ever want to be serious competition in the club standard media player market – after all the creative things they already did – they now have to mimic Pio. Then after rolling the market up, they can get even more creative and attack on the crazy feature front (like lights, visuals, whatnot).

Who ever said, that they wouldn’t be accessible by both the <> keys and SHIFT + HOTCUE for a second bank? best of both worlds and everyone can keep their workflow.

I would be happy for 8 more hot cues + count down to each of them… That is more logic. You could jump to it, and trigger them, color code, add text like it is now also possible. That would be great :blush:

1 Like

I still don’t get the point you’re trying to make here?!

one of many possible and good implementations yes.

1 Like

Those were already suggested. It could be done on screen too as someone already suggested.

You’ll find that some would like to use those pads and parameters buttons for pitch play.

I would be sad to prioritize how mem cues should implement when more useful things could be added.

I’m sorry that pioneer gave only 3 hot cues in the beginning and forced their users to make up for the rest by using mem cues.:cry:. At least Pioneer refined the mem cues to the point it is today by user feedback based on the bare minimum given to users on decks.:+1:

I’m also sorry that most of us Denon users want progressive performance features over ad hoc blasts from the past😢.

Denon always does different things from pioneer. I don’t think that will ever change. At least I hope not.

I see a lot of praise for pioneer mem cues from it users. I haven’t seen much praise for the ‘new industry standard poly loops’ though.

3 Likes

Guys guys guys let’s settle this debate.

This is taken from the cdj3000 manual from pg51 but it can be found in the same format in older cdj manuals. This to me reads and basically describes “hot cueing”. These days we can jump directly to a position in a track using the given pads other than pressing <> keys repeatedly to the desired point and pressing the cue button.

***** Manual *****

Cue

You can quickly call up a cue point you have set previously.

Setting a cue point

During pause 1 Press the [CUE] button. A cue point is set.

• Press the [SEARCH )] or [SEARCH *] button or turn the jog wheel during pause to fine-adjust the pause position. During playback

1 Press the [LOOP IN/CUE (IN ADJUST)] button. A cue point is set.

• If you set a new cue point, the previously set cue point is cleared.

Jumping to a cue point

1 Press the [CUE] button during playback. The track jumps to the cue point and playback is paused.

Checking a cue point (Cue Point Sampler)

1 Jump to a cue point. Read more: Jumping to a cue point (page 51)

2 Press and hold the [CUE] button. Playback continues until you release the [CUE] button.

Saving a cue point

1 Set a cue point. Read more: Setting a cue point (page 51) 2 Press the [MEMORY] button.

Calling up a saved cue point 1 Load a track you have previously saved a cue point for. 2 Press the [CUE/LOOP CALL ] or [CUE/LOOP CALL ] button.

Deleting a saved cue point 1 Call up a saved cue point. Read more: Calling up a saved cue point (page 52) 2 Press the [DELETE] button.

***** End *****

If you want cdj style memory cues as visual markers just use hot cue pads 4-8 keeping pads 1-3 as actual hot cues taken from the cdj1000.

2 Likes