RekordBox Memory Cues, Loops & Auto Loops

I know.

I’m looking at the CD books I used back in the days I even tried to look for the memory cards that I kept in them but I think I ended up using them for something else.

Music management back in the days

1 Like

18 years of DJ evolution :wink: And TBF they’ve evolved within the software and hardware on their uses over the years too …

What the hell is on this forum - if some function is on pioneer then let’s attack the posting guy, I see it in couple posts already? Traktor also have a fade in out markers and none is complaining. Backing it up to topic: for me additional markers (avoiding name correlated with this evil opposing company) are freaking useful. For ex. Why have hot cue 16/24 bars before mix point, It is better to have a simple marker there. And we have cue points for some creative purposes. For me 2-3 mix in + 2/3 mix out points and there is on best situation only half of cues available to use. I case of markers it will be still 8. Ps. Denon is still better than pio but let’s improve more and more.

4 Likes

I agree sometimes this forum gets too harsh. I dip in and out of it now. If someone wants to request memory cues that can be linked to auto memory loops or just markers then great.

1 Like

If one looks on the pioneer deck you have memory, delete, left & right arrows keys. Right?

If you look on the denon deck you will see very clearly those keys don’t exist.

Now take look at what is being asked of denon. As soon as you assign memory cues to pads they are no longer memory cues. They become hotcues. Lmao. Troll pioneer about having memory cues assigned to pads on their decks.

If denon were to import memocues into ep then it should be accessed the same way that the pioneer decks do it cause after all it is a very precious out of this world amazing can’t live without industry standard feature therefore it should work in the industry standard way😉

1 Like

There seems to be several topics about memo-cues, memo bank cues, cue banko memorono bankety banki bongos etc , so I’m not sure which one of those existing requests to add these ideas to.

Firstly, a couple of theorems - like if these are just a visual reminder about “vocals start here” or “no vocals for 20 seconds “ then these don’t have to be ultra precise down to the millisecond… another theorem … as soon as the word “cue” or “hot” gets mentioned, everyone starts thinking of the coloured performance pads and the idea gets fuzzed up.

So, why not have an option of adding a text comment to the waveform graphic at the current play head position. Press some button like “Memory Aid” on screen (if there’s room) and the qwerty keyboard appears and we type our comment

1 Like

Quick one

@Crimson how do you use memcues besides using it to jump to specific sections of a track whilst the track is paused, which can already be done with hotcues.

Just curious.

Do you use them as bookmarks :bookmark:?

Will you be needing bars countdown to your next memcue? Bars countdown Is not available I’m engine OS

They are floating cues that are added to memory. They are usually visually used.

The left and right keys are, so you can cycle through them. If you used the 8 hot cue buttons you would have no need to cycle through them obviously.

Though the best way would be to actually utilise the touchscreen like how the XDJ-1000 does for button functions.

And the only Trolling in this thread has been you in all honesty because clearly you do not understand memory cue usage to the full.

I’m only offering my experience and opinion and didn’t have to jack a thread and go on a campaign to do it.

Maybe most won’t understand how you use memcues but the way to access them does not have to much value in djing today cause once you explain it most will say ahh that’s what I use hotcues for.

Maybe denon could add memcues as read only on screen when using rekordbox collections.

2 Likes

You’ve been told by several users in this thread and I * have *explained it clearly the use, but you clearly want to continue with your ignorant anti-pioneer CDJ agenda when the reality is it’s something many DJ’s use and or miss when using Denon gear, so I’ll just use the forum MUTE option with you and ignore you.

1 Like

Sounds like a real anti pioneer agenda is going on.

Maybe one day the likes of Serato, Traktor, Vdj, Algoriddim, Denon and the rest will get out of the Stone Age and see the light.

1 Like

On my toast this morning, may I try out some of your sarcasm please :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:laughing:

Maybe Denon should make a floating cue bank available as purgatory or a dumping ground for all others specialty brands of floating cues.

Btw I like pioneer software and I love their 2ch mixers but the cdjs are a different story. I can buy a brand new Honda motorcycle for the price of a pair of cdjs.

I will clear this up once and only once. When I said that I meant the Pioneer CDJ’s not the software aka rekordbox.

Because it is clear some on here view it as some sort of enemy rather than what it actually is and by that I mean the industry standard for Pro DJ club use. Regardless of whether you like the price or not, that’s the facts and the benchmark …

Though no doubt a certain someone will have a new answer/excuse for that below because clearly they always think they’re right …

Cheers.

I think I’ll let government policies dictate what equipment other djs and I will be using this summer vs propaganda about what is actually industry standard.

And if anyone is curious there are more environmental restrictions now for having outdoor festivals especially in this pandemic. Mostly everything in my neck of the woods have to be self powered. And there is powerful self powered equipment now.

1 Like

I have a CDJ 3000 since few months and as it’s time to decide to get another one or go with Denon, I’ve just received a SC 6000 M and I start to compare both side by side with each other pros and cons and decide which one will suit me best. Hopefully it will be the SC 6000 M as the budget is better and I would have no problem reselling the CDJ with not much loss as there are none in stock anywhere actually…

Anyway, what brings me here is the import of the loops.

The SC6000 M imported the hot cues without any problems, but imported the loops as they were hot cues and that’s the annoying part.

I guess that’s how Engine works on RKB import ? Is there a way to workaround that ? Thru a third party software ? That would avoid to re-do it manually over hundred of tracks

Hello @D.Touch Welcome to the forum.

Try rekordcloud, maybe it can help.

1 Like

No, . . .

As There is only 1 line of 8 buttons for both Hot Cues and Loops in the CDJ, looks like Denon cannot « see » if it’s a hot cue or a loop… That is so bad, because that means re-do all the loops for each track and erase the non hot cues that were loops in RKB and appear in Hot Cues in Denon.

I kinda like the CDJ 3000 way of handling hot cues and loops on the same level. Only 8 buttons for both, but for me, that’s enough. Of course, the SC 6000 has way more features and is more complete than the CDJ 3000.

Thé other important point, if not the major point is having the Denon’s at home and have to go play on CDJ’s in a bar, club, etc. I hate having to deal with exporting the collection from Engine, import it in RKB, etc. Even if there are third parties softwares such as recordcloud, that’s stressful and as I’ve read on what rekordcloud does, that does not solve the problem of the loops not being transferable from a platform to the other…

The only way of having a full compatibility would be to use Serato (that I use since years on controllers) or Virtual DJ ? :frowning:

Of course, the best thing would be to be able to get a pair of SC 6000 at the bar or the club by demand but that’s not gonna happen in 90% of cases, unless for big name DJ’S, and even for them, the promoter will have to be able to find them in rental.