RekordBox Memory Cues, Loops & Auto Loops

Each can be used twice so I think you’ll find it was 8 too …

And I’m not trying to make this a war of which is best I’m simply just trying to understand how features I’ve used for years are missing from Denon EP workflow.

Memory Cues and Auto Loops are a basic feature I really don’t understand why they cannot be implemented especially when I’m being told one was once a feature that’s been taken away and nobody has an answer as to why?

Other threads are on here requesting the features and many other threads are on here of people stating them missing from RekordBox conversions. So before I perhaps go blowing thousands of my savings on some hardware after a year in which I’ve had no work because of a pandemic I rightfully have my doubts and questions.

Would you be happy if denon gives you 4 hotcues on deck with the option to press shift to access the others. Then just for you denon should split the 8 pads so you can have hotcues on 4 pads and the other 4 for memory cues then you could press shift and still will be able to access precious features. Just like the cds but still better. Lmao

Memory cues were brought over from obsolete gear that every pioneer dj wished it was performing like hotcues. Hot cues replaced it all. As a former pioneer dj I can say memory cues are useless in this day and age. If you think otherwise we can see that from most pioneer djs they have no regards for memory cues cause every one knows they are just unnecessary.

However if one needs to have obsolete features then one should consider and spend the appropriate amount to have it.

Enjoy your long waiting in limbo.

Memory cues, for those who are interested are adhoc cues at a time where there were no hotcues.

1 Like

They were just a signpost dot that scrolled past to hint at when something was coming up , like the beginning of the vocals or some such passive visual aid.

Don’t see why that could not be a workaround option put into the touch screen settings in all seriousness. And not just for me as I have found many posts on this forum from others asking about it.

I just ordered a pair of CDJ-3000’s, so I won’t be waiting.

Cheers.

Also, Memory cues serve more purpose than static reminders. Especially for scratch DJ’s wanting to jump to a point in the track without it being an active cue point :wink:

Thanks for the unnecessary hostile replies though with incorrect and useless information.

4 Likes

The useful aspect of the memory cues is that the CDJ/XDJ has a down counter (bars) to the next mem cue upcoming. If Denon has same for hot cue it would be fine. Of course for everything else hot cues are superior to mem cues.

From what I can see in the manual, the Denon is only displaying the elapsed bars on the right side of the beatmeter - which is quite useless IMHO.

2 Likes

Thats bs tho. Memory cues are perfect in for example acapellas/transitions if you are really active on the decks with fadecuts etc. I rather have it as an option than not having it at all. Really miss it from my pioneer equipment.

1 Like

Memory cues were developed for the cdj 1000 CD players with a memory card at a time when there were no hotcues.

Anyone can give a reason to have memory cues and my response is that you can do it with hotcues also but better.

If engine prime incorporates memory cue from pioneer then good.

It’s entertaining to watch peoples perspective on this.

I thought of this as well.

But then like with everything else in DJ history, things are always used in a way the designer did not intend and then becomes a part of their workflow.

2 Likes

I know.

I’m looking at the CD books I used back in the days I even tried to look for the memory cards that I kept in them but I think I ended up using them for something else.

Music management back in the days

1 Like

18 years of DJ evolution :wink: And TBF they’ve evolved within the software and hardware on their uses over the years too …

What the hell is on this forum - if some function is on pioneer then let’s attack the posting guy, I see it in couple posts already? Traktor also have a fade in out markers and none is complaining. Backing it up to topic: for me additional markers (avoiding name correlated with this evil opposing company) are freaking useful. For ex. Why have hot cue 16/24 bars before mix point, It is better to have a simple marker there. And we have cue points for some creative purposes. For me 2-3 mix in + 2/3 mix out points and there is on best situation only half of cues available to use. I case of markers it will be still 8. Ps. Denon is still better than pio but let’s improve more and more.

4 Likes

I agree sometimes this forum gets too harsh. I dip in and out of it now. If someone wants to request memory cues that can be linked to auto memory loops or just markers then great.

1 Like

If one looks on the pioneer deck you have memory, delete, left & right arrows keys. Right?

If you look on the denon deck you will see very clearly those keys don’t exist.

Now take look at what is being asked of denon. As soon as you assign memory cues to pads they are no longer memory cues. They become hotcues. Lmao. Troll pioneer about having memory cues assigned to pads on their decks.

If denon were to import memocues into ep then it should be accessed the same way that the pioneer decks do it cause after all it is a very precious out of this world amazing can’t live without industry standard feature therefore it should work in the industry standard way😉

1 Like

There seems to be several topics about memo-cues, memo bank cues, cue banko memorono bankety banki bongos etc , so I’m not sure which one of those existing requests to add these ideas to.

Firstly, a couple of theorems - like if these are just a visual reminder about “vocals start here” or “no vocals for 20 seconds “ then these don’t have to be ultra precise down to the millisecond… another theorem … as soon as the word “cue” or “hot” gets mentioned, everyone starts thinking of the coloured performance pads and the idea gets fuzzed up.

So, why not have an option of adding a text comment to the waveform graphic at the current play head position. Press some button like “Memory Aid” on screen (if there’s room) and the qwerty keyboard appears and we type our comment

1 Like

Quick one

@Crimson how do you use memcues besides using it to jump to specific sections of a track whilst the track is paused, which can already be done with hotcues.

Just curious.

Do you use them as bookmarks :bookmark:?

Will you be needing bars countdown to your next memcue? Bars countdown Is not available I’m engine OS

They are floating cues that are added to memory. They are usually visually used.

The left and right keys are, so you can cycle through them. If you used the 8 hot cue buttons you would have no need to cycle through them obviously.

Though the best way would be to actually utilise the touchscreen like how the XDJ-1000 does for button functions.

And the only Trolling in this thread has been you in all honesty because clearly you do not understand memory cue usage to the full.

I’m only offering my experience and opinion and didn’t have to jack a thread and go on a campaign to do it.

Maybe most won’t understand how you use memcues but the way to access them does not have to much value in djing today cause once you explain it most will say ahh that’s what I use hotcues for.

Maybe denon could add memcues as read only on screen when using rekordbox collections.

2 Likes

You’ve been told by several users in this thread and I * have *explained it clearly the use, but you clearly want to continue with your ignorant anti-pioneer CDJ agenda when the reality is it’s something many DJ’s use and or miss when using Denon gear, so I’ll just use the forum MUTE option with you and ignore you.

1 Like

Sounds like a real anti pioneer agenda is going on.

Maybe one day the likes of Serato, Traktor, Vdj, Algoriddim, Denon and the rest will get out of the Stone Age and see the light.

1 Like