Rekordbox mapping denon prime

Well @PKtheDJ isnt really he is stating the obvious. You dont want to use denons os on a prime controller. You want to run rekordbox. Thats like trying to make a coffee with a teabag and then saying it doesnt taste right.

If you want to use reckordbox GO FOR PIONEER else use what denon have provided which does everything that world class dj’s could ever wish for. If its a case of your used ti reckordbox then learn engine. Else why did you buy denon over pioneer??. No its not a simple plug it in and be carl cox or laidback luke. There is a learning curve, once you get to grips with it you may actually find it better than pioneers offerings.

True, we have no idea…because you haven’t told us.

FYI there is software out there that can detect MIDI data, so you simply move or press the control and the data will be shown. Presumably Rekordbox has a MIDI learn option.

Ok, I understand the title of this thread says “Rekordbox mapping”. So perhaps thats where the confusion stems from. I merely agreed with the OP that I would also like to have the midi list for my P4. I already have Pioneer equipment and use Rekordbox when I need to, so there’s no need for me to use my P4 with Rekordbox. I bought the P4 as a stand-alone unit “as well as” a midi controller (Denon actually used that as part of their sales pitch). So here I am, asking for the midi list, including the Sys-Ex commands. Now not that I really have to explain my reasons for wanting it, but due to the fact there are some narrow minded people here, that want to constantly tell others how to use their gear. Here’s what I want it for… I would like to “try” to make my own personal mapping for Mixxx (Yes, I know there are a few out there already). But this is something I would like to do. Having a midi list would make things a lot quicker & easier. Especially knowing the Sys-Ex commands & what options I have for the led output. Apart from that, I honestly feel like it’s something that should be provided with the product as it’s advertised offering midi functionality. So, hopefully now that you know what I want to do, you’ll take a break & let me request the midi info in peace. If you are not interested in the midi info of the P4, perhaps a different thread would be better for you. Maybe someone in a different thread, will use their equipment the way you want them to. Regarding this thread though, I really don’t care whether you think I’m using my gear incorrectly or with the wrong software and I promise, nothing you say will change that. I would just like a properly documented midi list for my P4 which offers midi functionality.

1 Like

Yes, the thread is indeed about Rekordbox mapping, and at no point in any of your previous posts did you mention Mixxx or NOT wanting to use Rekordbox…so of course confusion reigned, and you did nothing to clarify.

FYI people here can only respond to what’s written. We can’t read minds.

My earlier comment still applies. Software exists which can monitor MIDI and show you exactly what each button, knob etc. sends.

However, the DJ apps which support the Prime 4 won’t be just using MIDI. Modern controllers are generally more complex, and there’s other stuff involved in getting them fully functional. They need to be professionally mapped. It’s not something the customer can do.

1 Like

No need to read minds, just read the text.

I’m fully aware of this. Sysex commands & what led output options there are, is really what I’m after. The fact here is, if Denon just provided us with a midi list, we wouldn’t have to struggle with Midi monitor software & 10000 numbers every time I bump the jog wheel. This really is a simple yet very beneficial request.

2 Likes