Rekordbox Database Read Issue

Tonight, we had guests over using Rekordbox Formatted Thumb Drives. After about an hour of use with each thumb drive, the playlists would go blank. Before browsing, you would have to switch sources back and forth to get it to come back up again.

1 Like

As an update, I have been unable to replicate this issue and am assuming it was an issue with the user’s thumb drives.

1 Like

I would agree with you…If the drive was slow and he had it filled to or near capacity that could do it too. I’ve seen this happen on my MBP too (FWIW).

1 Like

There are also some fake branded usb drives going around, selling on eBay and similar places.

When a rubbish 64gb drive costs only a tenth of the cost to make a high/DJ quality 64gb drive, then making crap and selling it as a Sandisk extreme or a Kingston pro or whatever with fake stickers and branding is as easy profit to some con artists. And most ordinary uses won’t show up the differences - but there’s no cutting corners possible for DJing - DJing is expensive when done properly

My biggest beef with the younger generation. They don’t understand the days of paying $4-15 to sometimes have just one track. $40+ for a record bag/crate. So on and so forth.

2 Likes