Recording to usb on x1850

I know I asked this back in 2019 but can you now record a set to a usb stick on the x1850 or even on one of the sc6000 series decks like you can do on the prime 4?

I’m looking to 100% eliminate having to use a computer for recording sets period.

Seems with all the usb ports and the cpu hardware it would be possible and surely enough time has passed that it could have been implemented?

Being DSP and not computer based, I don’t believe X18XX series mixers have hardware to rec out directly from the mixer - the functionality would have been added from the start up. SC6000’s may have the needed computer resources to rec out, but routing would be the problem, as I really doubt the engineers would enable USB in from the mixer to the SCX000’s for audio.

1 Like

Well…. Damn. Joking aside the mixer being only DSP explains that then. Asking the whole system to record somehow to a sc5000/6000 unit would most likely be more programmatical work for little reward.

I was really hoping for a component based setup with recording minus the computer but the workings under the hood make it not really possible it seems.

If only they had tension adjustable jogs on the prime 4 with midi out/in that would probably sort my weird use case out.

Thanks for the details and breakdown on that.

1 Like

None of the players can record directly, the only question is if the mixer firmware can be updated to do that, something like djm-900 for example. Only Denon can answer in this.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.