Recording music sets on prime players

So I know the Prime 4 can record a set through the menu and you can export it to your computer and so on, I have a pair of SC6000’s with the X1850 mixer but I don’t have the option to record a set and export it to my flash drive… would this be software or hardware related? I guess what I’m asking is would it be possible to have a record function through a future implemented update on the media players? or would it just not be possible at all?

1 Like

Players would need to have a signal input, to get the mixed audio from mixer to the player. So physically it is not possible.

I was wondering the same thing where I would think it could be possible if the devs implement it on the players.

@NoiseRiser regarding your comment about the players getting the signals from the mixer… The players can digitally get tracks and other database data from another player over the built-in Ethernet switch on the X1850. So the next logical question would be, can the X1850 push data out to its ethernet switch/ports to feed the master audio out to one of the SC6000 players to encode and save to a USB or internal SSD?

I just don’t think the X1850 can do this, otherwise Denon would have also built in OTA update capabilities into the mixer as well. I think the switch of this X1850 is essentially isolated and not integrated with the mixer’s main logic board / processor.

It works best as a feature on a mixer. Recent Pioneer mixers do this, though I think you have to use an app and plug into your phone. But recording to a USB plugged into the mixer directly would be amazing and is feasible — not sure if the Denon mixers have all the necessary hardware for it, though. It would be great if they did, or built it into a future mixer.

Both x1800 and 1850 don’t have hardware to send out a mix via LAN. But the usb audio is class compliant so a proper cable and App maybe would work.

1 Like

ideally it’s a USB drive directly into the mixer, IMO, but not sure if that’s possible w/ firmware update or if it would need to come on a future unit w/ different hardware.

If Denon builds recording into the mixers, tho, they’ll probably prevent you from recording when streaming from one of their players :confused:

That is a must, because this is part of the deal for streaming.

2 Likes