Record using TIDAL

I’ve been following the Howler for a while now. It seems a little expensive as you can get iOS soundcards like the iRig for much cheaper. The Reloop Tape 2 is a bit steep for what it is too but still less than the Howler (it’s only SD card though).

Now the Evermix is dead, it’s probably the only true successor.

You can get one of these for far less (and it’s more versatile):

1 Like

Obviously, buy your music legitimately wherever possible. But if you have to source a particular track for that awkward client, & it’s only on a streaming service or similar…

Set BlackHole as your computers output device, & your DAW of choice’s input device, then press “record”.

I did not know the IRig is a recoding device? Oh wait I have a IRig stream. TBH I have never been able to get it to work correctly, I bought it for online streaming on a service where you can only use an IPhone, to practice before I went on Mixcloud, could not get it to work, bought all sorts of attachments and none ever worked! Thanks for dropping the knowledge.

1 Like

You should be able to open an app like GarageBand and be able to record from it. Other apps are able to record using the iRig too as it appears like a soundcard in your iOS device.

Definitely hit up a few YouTube tutorials on how to get it to work within your chosen recording app.

It may even work with the Pioneer DJ Rec app if that accepts it (paid).

1 Like

I would like your post’s, as ever I have run out of likes for the next 24h, my knowledge is really limited as I’m new to the craft, then again my aim has always been to just live stream and spread the joy of the music I love. That aim I have achieved and have a sound knowledge of OBS. I might not give away that IRig now, thanks, Will

1 Like

Definitely hold onto that iRig. They’re great little devices (it’s what Mojaxx streams with if I remember correctly).

Phil Morse shouted out all of the devices listed above for recording (and the reasoning why you should do it).

Hit this review up with a great explainer for your iRig Stream: iRig Stream Audio Interface Review - Digital DJ Tips

I use obs to record my sets using my mixer/aux to output to my laptop may not be the most direct method but it’s worked for me since i started streaming

With using something like the iRig stream, connected to a laptop will the recording be in stereo with Audacity?

Which mixer have you got? :blush: I have the x1850 and just use the USB from the mixer straight to the computer (I use OBS as well) :blush:

Not using a mixer. Going from Prime Go to Mac

Will need an external soundcard then :blush:

So connecting rca cables from the controller to the iRig stream to the laptop won’t work? It seems to in this example?

2 Likes

The iRig is a soundcard, so probably will indeed :blush:

1 Like

I have the same i tried using the broadcast mode after denon announced it but the volume was too low so i ditched that

You can change the volume in the settings :blush:

I’m starting to think that’s what I done wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.