Record box > usb > into denon prime go....beatgrids change

Hi, I prefer beatgrids, bmp calculations, and 2 player mode in recordbox…so once done - I put my USB into Denon Prime Go - and most of the beatgrids shifted to left 1/10th of a beat - out.

So I tried another way - output to xlm, import into engine dj - same again - beatgrids out, some BPMs wrong, and all cues green.

How do I get around this?

Analyse all your tracks in the Engine Desktop software then use their sun manager to export this music and database to a drive.

Denon products work best when they’re accompanied by the dedicated software, much the same as Pioneer products work best with their software.

Another thing I’d suggest is to update to the latest firmware on your players (if you haven’t already) and try again. I think there’s a file you can delete in the database that will initialise the Rekordbox import again.

Raise this as a bug if things don’t align as they should. I’ve seen reports of beatgrids and cues not aligning properly occasionally under some circumstances.

The import tool should work as intended and that’s to get someone who usually plays on Pioneer DJ gear a working solution if they find Prime players in a booth. It’s a ‘pretty much a quick fix’ should you need it but it should at least work properly.

2 Likes

We have several topics about the same issue:

The cause of the issue seems to be that different softwares use a different audio codecs to decompress audio files causing slight variations in the end result. Uncompressed audio files like wav should not be affected by this so I guess that is another point for using those.

Fix for this is either to use something like Lexicon that can mass shift beatgrids by a set amount of ms during database conversion or use the beatgrid editor on the player to shift it manually before playback.

1 Like

This should be stickied :pushpin:

It’s really not good enough. 30% are messed up - the rest fine - so can’t use a “do all at once” trick in Lexicon.

There should be a tool stating what encoders are needed for import, that match the export. It’s all done on the same pc so should be same.

Nightmare. This will make me move to pioneer. EngineDJ is so much worse than recordbox so why would anyone want to use EngineDJ.

Not according to this post :arrow_up:

You have lost me completely here tbh… Codecs are built in the software (Rekordbox, EngineDJ) so not sure how can you force one software manufacturer to use exactly the same one as their competitor :confused:

Anyway, if the workarounds provided or the solution to just use the library management software that is meant for your hardware is unacceptable for you, I guess you will have no other choice but to sell your Prime GO and buy a equivalent standalone system from Pioneer.

I think you can post your sale ad on the forum, nobody will mind. :+1:

Anyway, all the best

For the record, ive been using Rekordbox for years, and just as many of my tracks are out of line in there as they are in any other software… what you can do in Engine is quickly edit your grids whilst mixing to line them up, that way it never becomes an issue because any track you want to play is corrected within 5 seconds of loading it.

The latest update of Engine desktop has improved downbeat detection, so maybe re-analysing them all will work.