Quick SC6000M question. Do they work if they are set up at an angle

I’m trying to build a custom DJ booth and was wondering if theses particular players can still operate normally if they are set at an angle. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Thomas,

i saw a post here were some players had problems. While it wasnt 100 percent sure what is the actual problem, there was a major concern regarding to grounding. There was a build up of “electric tension”. Therefore you should check the grounding if you build something on your own, to prevent damage on the unit.

I personally wouldnt use tables with motorised platters at an angle, it adds strain onto the motor and over time wouldn’t do it any good.

You’re better off using the non motorised ones if using them like that.

Just to add, this is instruction number one in the manual.

1. Remove the SC6000M PRIME base from the packaging. Remove the platter assembly from the package. Place SC6000M PRIME on a flat, stable surface for assembly and operation.
1 Like

Flat can be leaned.

If you want to ignore plainly obvious instructions from the manual then go ahead :+1:t3:.

The route of 99% of ‘problems’ with things, people not doing what they are advised to.

East can be west… just turn round… but compass wont work properly will it

1 Like

Thanks for all the input guys. Appreciate it.

1 Like

I suppose that would depend on how steep the slope was. Also, do take into account that the machine is heavy compared to the CDJ3000 having a metal chassis and the platter is also heavy, to simulate the feel of a SL1200, so things have got to be sturdy. The machine should work OK, but I’m not sure that it will be easy to control. The angle may have a negative effect on the motor / bearings / sensors over time. The un motorised version would probably be better for this. Also, take into account the position of the power switch which in custom setups requires access via a hole or removable panel. Lastly, take into account these do have metal face panels, the unit must be well earth bonded, a poor earth can result in instability and an electrical charge build-up, not dangerous but can be unpleasant.

Unlike Pioneers & others these have metal cases and platters. On the input to the power supply there is a power cleaner that works by draining spikes and surges to ground. This cleaner has a very small, but constant ground current. If the unit is not well earthed a charge of 50% line voltage will build up, of course until you touch the machine. Not dangerous, but like a static charge can be unpleasant, especially if it happens everytime you touch it. If the units are connected to a mixer, in turn to an amp rack in a club, this causes no problem because the unit will be grounded through the signal cables. However, many people today use powered speakers, which are often double insulated and therefore don’t have a ground connection either.