Problem pitch bend since update 3.3 on SC5000M

Hello, Since update 3.3, when the sc5000M is in Sync mode and the platter is rotating, the pitch bend buttons no longer respond when I press them. If I disable platter rotation, they work fine. Do any of you have the same problem? Djma

I have had this issue before and had to send it for repairs. I paid close to 300 euros: they replaced a panel inside. This was on Engine OS 2.0 versions.

But before you do that you should try to degrease and regrease the motor.

https://www.brightdotdesign.com/sc5000m

Hi, I’m sure it’s a problem with the update as both my devices have the same problem.

I have 2 x 5000m and can test for you over the weekend.

3.3 on both units

That does not suggest firmware to me.

Hi, I have exactly same issue on mine SC5000M, once motor is disabled pitch runs fine, with motor ON pitch drops and no way to sync with other patern.

It was been appeared after last firmware 3.3 update.

i hoe Denon will solve it soon.

JB

Curious if you roll back to an earlier firmware does it work okay?

Hi Mufasa,

thank you for helping.

Was the sync “ON” on your players?

I don’t have any problem if the sync is “OFF”

djma

Hi, no didn’t try it but I have discovered another thing that confirms at 100% it’s and firmware mistake…

For example, start play on deck A, music starts and pitch goes down, pass to deck B then platter stops then pitch runs normal, pass again to deck A then platter starts and pitch runs ok as well, if I push motor platter stops once push motor again platter start and again pitch goes down again, so for sure something is wrong on firmware…

Another issue, I have TIDAL and now everytime is requesting to register the device, I have another SC5000 and on that runs fine,

I would say thanks if DENON can solve the problem ASAP,

JB

Try running the firmware update again. If you did it OTA previously then try USB img method now.

I’m not experiencing any of these issues you are reporting.

It would also be helpful if you could download 3.2 firmware and test it.

Hi, I did already reload firm 3.3 via USB with exact same result, problem still there.

I’m quite afraid to download to firm 3.2…I’m considering to do but we know sometimes that kind of test is getting more problems than benefits.

JB

Unfortunately there is no way to confirm if this is truly a firmware issue vs hardware, if you dont try rolling back to 3.2.

I have two SC5000m here with me and i have shared a video earlier of it working with 3.3 as it should.

I have had a similar issue to what you are describing before and it is hardware issue not firmware.

Ok, I had try to download to 3.2 via USB and no way…system doesn’t load old version, still 3.3.

I need to say sorry but it is and firmware mistake, I have record a video were it can demonstrate if I swap from deck A to B and return to A the pitch problem is not appearing even the motor of platter stops on that process, only if stop the platter by motor switch then the pitch goes down.

I will try to load the video.

JB

You may want to contact the support team

Good luck

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your help.

I will wait for new firmware update, maybe will solve that problems, I have tried again to downgrade the firm and no way, looks like is loading the 3.2 version but after restarts the 3.3 version remains, unfortunately is like these.

I will try to make new vĂ­deo with less resolution, then I will put here.

Once more, thanks for the help.

JB

Please reach out directly to our support channel directly!

Hi here is short video, is easy to appreciate at the start pitch goes down and after that operation deck A to B to A it’s running well and once motor is stop and start the pitch goes down again.

I will open a ticket in the support page.

1 Like

i just tested on my 5000m and i am able to go back to 3.2 without any issue at all.

• Download update file from the link below

https://imb-cicd-public.s3.amazonaws.com/Engine/3.2.0/Release/EOS/d1d6ed89e0/SC5000M-3.2.0-Update.img

• copy the file to a usb/sd stick root

• remove all other usb/sd from the 5000m

• plug in the usb/sd with the firmware to the 5000m

• turn on the 5000m

• go to settings > about/update > software update mode > options

Hi, did you seen the video? as I mentioned before is not possible that problem would be a hardware.

I have repeat again and it has been downgraded after the second trial, the think is I did that process exactly the same since yesterday, now finally I have loaded 3.2.0…mystery of life…

Tomorrow I will get news, thanks for your help.

JB

I have the exact same issue on one of my SC5000M units too but I assumed it was the grease issue and was going to get around to doing it at some point. My symptoms are exactly the same as yours regarding the pitch buttons.

For me it also seemed to start after an update however I’m still 100% convinced it’s the grease.

The pitch bend buttons on that deck don’t seem to do anything and if two decks are aligned they slip out almost instantly, even though you can’t hear any audible change.

The best way to test @Jordi_BM is to leave the deck spinning for around 20 minutes. This allows the deck to warm up and it should start working properly. Just put a long file on and let it play.

Let me know how that goes.

1 Like